Sphincter of oddi

If you're not prepared to go back to your GP to be re-referred, then there's not much anyone can do for you. You could always go private, but you would still need a referral from your GP.

As I said before, two weeks is no time to get over an op such as yours, and you are probably suffering with a lot of bruising. You need to wait another four to six weeks to let things settle down.

Ann: I am prepared to go to my GP but I shouldn't have to, I shouldn't have been discharged.

I am free from pain around all the 4 incisions, all bruising & stitches gone & as good as healed as its now 3 weeks ago. The pain I am having is nowhere near the incisions or where my gallbladder once was but I know it is related because of previous pains I had when having gallbladder attacks. I am prepared to wait the 4 - 6 weeks of course but when I get violently ill after eating in the most awkward of places like work, town centre absolutely anywhere I need to know where to turn. In actual fact I have discussed the problem with the ward I was on & I have recieved an appointment to see the consultant again but this is not for 4 weeks.

The problem now is when I had the pains just before the op, I was at my worst then & my gallbladder could have ruptured at anytime, however the pain wasn't all that bad, apparently this is what happens when things are so badly infected. The pain I am experiencing is identical on the left side, but it's on the left side & its kinda constant but not that bad. I just know something isn't right. I have decided that if the pain becomes really bad I will go to A & E, but perhaps like my gallbladder it is beyond severe pain now & I am at a further risk.

I also put off surgery to my ankle that I have been waiting 3 years for because I needed to sort my tummy out first. As my gallbladder has now been removed I went for the pre-op on Monday. They say due to the pain I am still in & blood pressure due to the pain the op scheduled for next Thursday may have to be cancelled yet again.

My 8 y o daughter is so worried about me because I so often have to say Sorry I can't take you to school, or suddenly crying in pain in front of her because I dared to have breakfast. I am quite a positive person with a high pain thresh hold. I never get depressed & always stay focused but I am reaching the end of my tether, all I need are answers but you see that many different consultants within the same clinic that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

BTW Ann please invite me to become a member of your forum!

I am a classic example of being too honest for my own good, only today this was discussed with my employees.

Oh & I promise to be totally honest in everything I say or post even if it may offend!

BTW Ann please invite me to become a member of your forum!

I am a classic example of being too honest for my own good, only today this was discussed with my employees.

Oh & I promise to be totally honest in everything I say or post even if it may offend!

I've put it before the rest of the members to let them decide. Let you know in a few days.

Archived