Sphincter of oddi

dynamicdebz - if I've understood things correctly and you've only had the surgery within the last 2/3 weeks and you've got this pain, then getting an outpatient appointment with the surgeon/consultant shouldnt be that much of a trouble - you may even be able to phone his/her secretary to get in ASAP.

Hope it gets sorted soon for you!

Managed to get an appointment for 24 April but by then I will (if they let the surgery go ahead) have a pot on my leg. If the surgery doesn't go ahead then I then have to explain to my boss why all the time I have had off isn't going to stop yet after all. All the disruptions I have caused for other employees by becoming violently ill at work on a weekly basis will be carrying on.

Best thing to do is call your consultants secretary, explain that you've just had surgery, still in pain, need something for your employers and anything else worrying you. If there's something she can't sort out she'll get back to you. You can even change appointments through her. Once your under a consultant you shouldn't have to go back to your GP, only no one mentions this. If you don't have her phone no. call out-patients and ask them to put you through to her extension. There very helpful. Good Luck.

• 5 years later...
Are you a qualified medic?

If the pain is on the left hand side, it's hardly likely to have anything to do with the gallbladder. Is the pain high, just underneath the rib cage, or lower, below the navel?

If

Whoever made the above comment does not know about referred pain. I had the above symptoms and my Dr said it couldn't be my gallbladder but was more than likely acid reflux, what a retard. I made him send me for an ultrasound. He never called me with result. 2 weeks after that, on the first day of a new job, after having pain going on the 2nd day in my LEFT side below my ribcage. I drove myself to the ER. A scan later after drinking 2qts. Of fun looking berry flavored berrium fluid. I was told I had a gallstone that looked to be the size of a quarter blocking the gallbladder opening. After talking to a surgeon about my options I was in surgery @ 11:30am to remove the stone and look at the gallbladder. Since it was swollen and spetic the surgeon removed it and the qtr sized gall stone. I've been pain free ever since. so I'd appreciate you not commenting about things you don't know about. Im glad I self diagnosed off the internet after my friend told me my symptoms sounded like her GB issues...Dr's are still learning. My surgeon did a great job on my liposcopic surgery, although he did have to cut my belly button pretty big for that stone to be removed. Daniel Schoen..

Archived