New book club in Sheffield

Thinking about meeting once a month and most definately in a pub. We were thinking of a lottery system for the type of books... all involved write a suggestion on a piece of paper, we pick one at random and start from there...We will probably be steering away from Sci.Fi., Romance and anything that should only be read by small children (yes, Harry Potter!)

Hmm, ok - never been in a book club but sounds interesting...

so i'm guessing the way it works is a book is slected, which is then discussed at the monthly meet after being read? Am i right so far?

so what if one simply can't get on with the book (happens to me occassionally) - would this be our sum contribution to the discussion?

I'm about to read 'A man without a country' by Kurt Vonnegut. I've read an extract and it looks like it's going to be a yank basher. Excellent! Does anyone fancy that one, or has anyone read it?

As for Harry Potter, I will be reading it this summer, but I promise not to bang on about it to ye who are sworn off it!

Looks like a good crowd here, how spread out are we? I'm just south of central near Bramall Lane.

Archived