Best chinese restaurant in sheffield?

Dinkidoo

Dim Sun on London Road is very nice, but be weary of them asking for a tip at the end of the meal if paying on a card, thought this was a little cheeky, after beeing a few times they have now stopped that. Have a nice meal where every you go

of them asking for a tip at the end of the meal if paying on a card, thought this was a little cheeky,

if you got good service you should leave a tip, as the staff relay on the tips fr a good wage, its people like you who recieved good service then not tip that crys you get crap services

if you got good service you should leave a tip, as the staff relay on the tips fr a good wage, its people like you who recieved good service then not tip that crys you get crap services

I totally agree if you get good service you should tip, which i do. All i was saying was that when the card machine is given to you to type your pin in to it comes up with a tip fee which was pointed out to me to leave a tip, id rather leave the tip on the table for the service and not be asked for it when handed the machine

Sorry to barge in like this, but.. you wrote something which is intriguing.

I totally agree if you get good service you should tip, which i do. All i was saying was that when the card machine is given to you to type your pin in to it comes up with a tip fee which was pointed out to me to leave a tip, id rather leave the tip on the table for the service and not be asked for it when handed the machine

Ohh, I think I know why you think this. In actual fact, most card machines will prompt you for a tip as part of their processing. Some restaurants's waiters or waitresses just bypasses this and click on all the right buttons to reach the "enter pin" stage before handing the handheld to you. It isn't because they activated the tips option. I don't know if it's legal to actually click on the prompts which asks you to clarify that the amount is right or not when you're not the card owner, but I do know that a lot of customers are actually confused by the handheld and the options cos they feel if they click on the wrong button, then the process will crash or something. I've used two types of machines now, and they seem to be a little bit more foolproof than that.

Hope that explains things. Btw, I've no tie with that restaurant whatsoever! lol. But I thought it was interesting cos you're on about the credit card machines, which I've been kind of trained on in recent months.

Archived