Jeff's Records (later Pulse) Cambridge Street

TeresaB

The Jeff of Jeffs records was Jeff senior - my grandad. Still living in mosborough and done wuite well for himself. Also opened up Pulse/Impulse (think they changed the name but I was very young at the time) and then went on to do up a big house in Ridgeway - The Crofts - now the Ridgeway Arms

Jeff`s Records, I think, was next door to The Albert. Every payday meant a visit to pick up 3 or 4 new albums. Then it sold clothes from further back in the shop, I bought my White/Blue starred trousers from there, and my Red ones!:blush:

The shop which also had a store in Leeds was Amazing Records which was further down Cambridge Street.

I thought Jeff's was on the other side from the Albert - approx where the newsagent / Sandwich Division is these days.

Applebaum "alternative bookshop" was more or less next door to the Albert.

There are two Geoffs (everyone thinks it is spelled "Jeff" so why not go with it). There is Geoff senior (Dad) and Geoff junior (Son). Senior Geoff set up the shop and has held a huge (and nI mean huge!) disfunctional family together with grace, wit and a very big heart. Bless the man.

And yes Lobster, Geoff junior did go to Lady Manners and then as Stediman says appeared at Westfield. As owdlad says he was extremely fond of the more exotic in all areas of life.

Glad to know that you Sweetcheeeks loved the kit - I even may have sold them to you! Used to help out there being a member of the clan.

There are two Geoffs (everyone thinks it is spelled "Jeff" so why not go with it). There is Geoff senior (Dad) and Geoff junior (Son). Senior Geoff set up the shop and has held a huge (and nI mean huge!) disfunctional family together with grace, wit and a very big heart. Bless the man.

And yes Lobster, Geoff junior did go to Lady Manners and then as Stediman says appeared at Westfield. As owdlad says he was extremely fond of the more exotic in all areas of life.

Glad to know that you Sweetcheeeks loved the kit - I even may have sold them to you! Used to help out there being a member of the clan.

i was at Lady Manners same time as him ,his nickname was "Bone"

Archived