Problems with Vodafone today

Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong place. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having problems with Vodafone repeatedly losing total signal for long periods overnight and today or if it's just a problem with my phone. The signal isn't just dropping low it's going from full to losing it totally while the phone is in the same place and hasn't been operational long enough to even send a text message since about midnight. Hven't been able to find anything on the Vodafone website or news :confused:

I've had no probs at all over last couple of days - been in and around Sheffield with no loss of signal.

Have you tried resetting your phone?

Take battery out and then sim card, put battery back in, turn phone on wait for "insert sim card" to come up, then take battery out, put sim card back in and battery, then switch phone on. This usually works for me when my texts stop sending/being received.

I think the problem was with an HLR (Home Location Register). I work for Vodafone and HLR-V went down today, which caused massive problems for quite a lot of people.

It's something that is not geographical- it affects certain number ranges and not others so people sitting next to you can have full signal and you can't get anything.

if you dial *#101# and press send, it should tell you what HLR you are on. If you can't get a response, then the HLR you are on is down and all you can do is wait.

I think the problem was with an HLR (Home Location Register). I work for Vodafone and HLR-V went down today, which caused massive problems for quite a lot of people.

It's something that is not geographical- it affects certain number ranges and not others so people sitting next to you can have full signal and you can't get anything.

if you dial *#101# and press send, it should tell you what HLR you are on. If you can't get a response, then the HLR you are on is down and all you can do is wait.

Brilliant, it never ceases to amaze me how much you can find out via Sheffield Forum. Thanks a lot for the information, glad to know it wasn't just me going :loopy: !

Lo and behold, I am on HLR-V. Service is STILL on and off although not as bad as it was this morning, pain in the backside as I wouldn't be trusting it to make any calls. It also appears to crash my phone when I try and call or send/receive messages.

Archived