Http://youtube.com/70sheffieldlad

hi

i have started a site on youtube took a series of pictures around 1992 of attercliffe around chippingham st where i lived as a kid in the 70's

type in http://youtube.com/70sheffieldlad to see

starts with an intro and i hope to be uploading a picture a week and my memories of that time when i was a kid.

have a look ,please feel free to mention if you remember similar times or places.

thanks

andy moffatt

Hi detrius! Just had a look at your youtube - brilliant! I am from Attercliffe as well, in the 70's! I lived on Jessell Street next to Woodbourn school. I have lovely memories from down the cliffe as a kid! Surprised I don't know you because your about the same age as me and Chippingham wasn't that far away from me. What school(s) did you go to? Keep up the good work!!

hi footiefreak

thankyou for your reply and for looking at my site.i was born 144 chippingham st in 1968 and lived there till 1979.Went to huntsmans garden school in the junior part.we would watch over the fence at the bigger part where then teachers made them line up.they were never short of giving out thick ears for people not silent and still.never get away with it now.(BRING IT BACK I SAY !!!)

We used to dread that it would be us one day.fortunately we moved a si was moving up.

thankyou for the support,keep watching my youtube site.will upload more videos,have loads more tales as it goes on

thanks

andy m

Thats bloody brilliant! I didnt live there but I had a buddy from there and I used to do shopping there with my parents when I was a kid.

Im adding this to favourites, its good stuff, and I`m looking forward to much more.

hi jabberwocky

thanks mate,glad you like it.should get better as as i wrote it the stories got longer and the humour kicked in more.don,t half miis "the Cliffe"

thanks mate

andy m

hi footiefreak

thankyou for your reply and for looking at my site.i was born 144 chippingham st in 1968 and lived there till 1979.Went to huntsmans garden school in the junior part.we would watch over the fence at the bigger part where then teachers made them line up.they were never short of giving out thick ears for people not silent and still.never get away with it now.(BRING IT BACK I SAY !!!)

We used to dread that it would be us one day.fortunately we moved a si was moving up.

thankyou for the support,keep watching my youtube site.will upload more videos,have loads more tales as it goes on

thanks

andy m

Look forward to hearing more!! Hope you've got memories of going to Banners! I dreaded that place on a Saturday morning - but HAD to go according to my mum to help carry the shopping up Woodbourn Road! Sometimes we'd call in Corona Fashions and if my mum had a bit of spare money, I'd end up with something new to wear, ready to go to the 'Rads' in that night!

Do you remember 'Landers' - I loved calling in there for a coke and a cornish pasty!

hi footyfreak

oh yes plenty of memories and pics of banners coming later.we used to watch the money go into the basket to go upstairs to accounts.reminds me when i watch are you being served..loved banners we used to go up and down in the lifts as if we were going to another time or world.till we got thrown out hee,hee.

do you remeber hitchens think all my xmas presents came from there.still there too

andy m

Hi Carsupplier

Glad you like them,there is a series of about 50 or so pics taken around the area.uploading every week 7 vids so far with pic 4 just being done..thankyou for your comments--keep watching

andy

Oh yes! Hitchens! Got my first pair of high heels from there (to play in!) when I was about 10! Wish I could go back to all that, same time, same people and everything just for a day! Had a walk down there last summer - took my kids to 'bore' them with my stories of life back then and they actually ended up being interested and asking questions about it all once they actually saw the place I was talking about. Not the same though, the street I lived on seemed to have shrunk now the houses have gone. Mine would have been in the middle of woodbourn running track! Glad there's someone else out there that has such fond memories of the cliffe!!!

Lisa