Http://youtube.com/70sheffieldlad

Hi steve1953 - I also went to Hammerton - left around '76 ish. Here are a couple of pictures taken of how it is now. These were taken yesterday (5th April 07) on a trip down memory lane! What a sad sight, judge for yourself.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s138/mackenzieD/ThesadremainsofHammertonCountyPrima.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s138/mackenzieD/BackviewofHammertonCountyPrimary.jpg

hi footiefreak, just seen the pictures yes what a sorry sight i had some goodtimes at that school and good pals

Hi

I would like to wish everybody a Happy Easter.

This would normally involve going to the "Rads" back in the seventies for the easter bonnet parade and easter egg that was given to the kids of all the members.And then back at night with our tin foil parcels of turkey sandwiches and pickles + pork pies.--- What about you

Sorry for delay in new videos.i will be recording some today or tommorow to load up.Its Easter and i,m Being Nagged to join in heee,hee

Best wishes

andy m

70sheffieldlad

Happy Easter all you Attercliffe Lot !!

Same here detrius! Had to get in the Rads early both dinner time and night in order to get a good seat, plus all the extended families used to arrive as well so it was always mega packed! Talking of the Rads (and I do often!) here's how it looks today - what a sad picture, but hey, we have our memories and no-one can take those away!

here you go

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s138/mackenzieD/AttercliffeRads.jpg

Hey, detrius, I bet I know you from back then you know, if only by sight!!

Happy Easter all you Attercliffe Lot !!

Same here detrius! Had to get in the Rads early both dinner time and night in order to get a good seat, plus all the extended families used to arrive as well so it was always mega packed! Talking of the Rads (and I do often!) here's how it looks today - what a sad picture, but hey, we have our memories and no-one can take those away!

here you go

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s138/mackenzieD/AttercliffeRads.jpg

Hey, detrius, I bet I know you from back then you know, if only by sight!!

Hi Footiefreak, Happy Easter to you and all, shame about the Rads now, your picture brought back great memories for me,I had a part time job there in 69-70 as a lad, filling the shelves up behind the bar,also one Xmas in the concert room when I was 15, I had my first real drinks session, I think I only had 3 or 4 pints of bitter, but I remember having a hangover for all of the following day.

Hi Footiefreak, Happy Easter to you and all, shame about the Rads now, your picture brought back great memories for me,I had a part time job there in 69-70 as a lad, filling the shelves up behind the bar,also one Xmas in the concert room when I was 15, I had my first real drinks session, I think I only had 3 or 4 pints of bitter, but I remember having a hangover for all of the following day.

Hi Enfield! Nice one! Glad the photo brought back memories! Went down there on Wednesday last week, when the picture was taken. I had seen it from a distance from the supertram on many occasions, but being that close to it the other day was a great feeling. The very last time I went in there was just before it closed for good in the late eighties/early nineties. Think my dad was actually in there the day it closed it's doors for good if I remember correctly. Had some great times in there over the years, especially like detrius has mentioned, Easter and Christmas. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry for the break in videos.Have had a busy 3 weeks or so with easter then work.Back on target now.Uploaded another 5 today.

There does seem to be a problem with crackling on the sound after uploading so i apologise in advance.

please take a look and thankyou for everybodys email

best wishes

Andy M

http://youtube.com/70sheffieldlad

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everybody.

More videos uploaded inc Attercliffe baths and Zion lane.

please take a look.

best wishes

Andy M

;):hihi::loopy::lol:

hi detrius, great videos keep up the good work spent many a happy hour at the baths a certain mr mettam took us for swimming lessons then on the way home we called for a dripping crust from the shop opposite brown baileys .

Hi detrius,thanks for the pm, great pictures, brought back memories of the sixties when I used to use the library, and like steve1953 I remember Mr Mettam at Attercliffe Baths who taught me to swim. The highlight for me though was the small warm bath where we used to have a dip before going in the pool, it was luxury compared to the old tin bath in front of the coal fire at home.

Also is the pub in one of the other pictures The Travellers? I sometimes went in there in the mid seventies when Peter Swan was the landlord.