The very old Petre Street , Sutherland RD, Earldom St area

Are there any oldies remember this part of pitsmoor and anyone living there1935 to 53 Ilived on earldom st

How are you ?I havent heard from you in ages.I would still love some photos of that corner of Petre st and Earldom st.I had an email from our next door neighbours,They lived there after the Cottons.I was stoked Love to all:cool:

I used to live 67 Lyons St just round the corner from Petre St. next to a fruit shop and across the road was a betting shop I think it was Dobsons betting shop !

Then across Petre St on the other side was Midgleys beer off !

Hi I had an old Auntie who lived on Writtle Street Just above

Sutherland Road baths.

I know the name was changed and googled it to try to find

the new name and I found this.

http://www.chrishobbs.com/sheffieldsfirstraid1916.htm

Hope some one finds it interesting :thumbsup:

Just had another look and found that Writtle Street

was changed to Maxwell Way

My aunt & uncle lived on Canada St their name was Woodhall he had coal business & he also kept pigs, my cousin & family lived on Peter St between Canada St & Carwood Rd.

Don't remember his pigs, but your uncle used to deliver our coal!

We used to have some old sheets to cover any items; especially any foodstuff; and the piercing screams from Mother to spread them out in the cellar signalled your uncle's arrival to our household, as something similar did at many others in the area!

I note there hasn't been any activity on this forum from Arthur (who started this thread) for a couple of months.

Has anyone been in touch with him, or his family?

Hope he's OK.

Archived