The very old Petre Street , Sutherland RD, Earldom St area

Hi skippy yes you were neighbours to my cousin Joyce & Alan, my uncle had the coal business & the pigs in the fifties. Treatment. the bus terminus was the Reform Chapel the bus no was 34 the route was along Peter st, which is in Grimesthorpe, Scotland st is more towards West Bar

Hi skippy yes you were neighbours to my cousin Joyce & Alan, my uncle had the coal business & the pigs in the fifties. Treatment. the bus terminus was the Reform Chapel the bus no was 34 the route was along Peter st, which is in Grimesthorpe, Scotland st is more towards West Bar

Yes, I just realised that I was thinking of Solly Street parallel to Scotland Street. Remind me to put more water in it in future !

don't forget jean some buses only went as far as hunsley st they used to back up.sheila:thumbsup:

Hi I had an old Auntie who lived on Writtle Street Just above

Sutherland Road baths.

I know the name was changed and googled it to try to find

the new name and I found this.

http://www.chrishobbs.com/sheffieldsfirstraid1916.htm

Hope some one finds it interesting :thumbsup:

Just had another look and found that Writtle Street

was changed to Maxwell Way

small world nettie i lived on maxwell way now on lyons rd,carry on we could end up family.:hihi::hihi:sheila

Did you know the Westons on Maxwell St.

sorry kidorry i only lived on maxwell way for 3 years 87to 90.used to live other end of petre st.but i have lived burngreave now in ellesmere since 72.:thumbsup:

Hi Sheila, I remember the no 35 bus backing up Hunsley st to turn round before going to Hollythorpe Rise. Did you know Micheal & Denise Elrick they lived on Writtle st - Maxwell way? Jean.

can't say i know them jean probably by sight.sheila

One Bus backed into Hunsley St and went back to the city and beyond. As I recall the other Bus was Petre St No10 and turned around at Reform Chapel and went back as a Graves Park, that was a nice ride through some nice area.

Archived