The very old Petre Street , Sutherland RD, Earldom St area

fleetwood the Peter st bus was no 10 from Graves Park to Reform Chapel & changed to no 34 back to Graves Park the bus that backed up Hunsley st was no 17 from Hollythorpe Rise the return journey the no was 35 that was in the fifties.

Hi I had an old Auntie who lived on Writtle Street Just above

Sutherland Road baths.

I know the name was changed and googled it to try to find

the new name and I found this.

http://www.chrishobbs.com/sheffieldsfirstraid1916.htm

Hope some one finds it interesting :thumbsup:

Just had another look and found that Writtle Street

was changed to Maxwell Way

I lived at number 41 from 1958. I knew there was shrapnell marks in the front of our house but I didn't know it came that close!!!! I'll show the article to my mum and dad - they'll be fascinated.

Hi Sheila, I remember the no 35 bus backing up Hunsley st to turn round before going to Hollythorpe Rise. Did you know Micheal & Denise Elrick they lived on Writtle st - Maxwell way? Jean.

They lived in the next yard from me but were a bit older.

Before the bus, there were trams that ran from town to the corner of Carwood Rd & Petre St, it was outside of where we lived, although we didn't live there during that time.

PetreSt.jpg

This is the corner of Petre & Carwood Rd where we used to live, didn't look like this when we were there, but that was before they rebuilt the area, I took this when I visited in 92.

scan0002.jpg

small world nettie i lived on maxwell way now on lyons rd,carry on we could end up family.:hihi::hihi:sheila

How weird rf2690

If I remember rightly. My aunt used to live at No.12.

I could be wrong but that is the number that comes to

my mind. :huh:

Before the bus, there were trams that ran from town to the corner of Carwood Rd & Petre St, it was outside of where we lived, although we didn't live there during that time.

PetreSt.jpg

This is the corner of Petre & Carwood Rd where we used to live, didn't look like this when we were there, but that was before they rebuilt the area, I took this when I visited in 92.

scan0002.jpg

trev any idea what year the top photo is.:thumbsup:

trev any idea what year the top photo is ?

No, got it off Picture Sheffield, the shop before the tram is the beer off that was on the corner of Canada St, one of the daughters of Elsie & Roy that had the shop live 10 mins from us these days.

It's getting a bit scary, you and Nettie being related, although I can see some similarities, guzzle guzzle.:hihi:

Archived