The very old Petre Street , Sutherland RD, Earldom St area

This is the corner of Petre & Carwood Rd where we used to live, didn't look like this when we were there, but that was before they rebuilt the area, I took this when I visited in 92.

Skippy, did you have neighbours named "Brown"?

I can't remember either of their christian names , but he was en engine driver on the railway, and worked at the Wicker goods yard (probably amongst other places).

(They were friends of my Grandparents.)

trev any idea what year the top photo is ?

No, got it off Picture Sheffield, the shop before the tram is the beer off that was on the corner of Canada St, one of the daughters of Elsie & Roy that had the shop live 10 mins from us these days.

It's getting a bit scary, you and Nettie being related, although I can see some similarities, guzzle guzzle.:hihi:

sure i don't know what you mean:shocked:

skippy, as far as i know Joyce is still with us,I went up to the cemetery Wednesday,the grave were my aunt & uncles & Alans ashers are all their names are on the head stone but not Joyces, there were fresh flowers on.

trev any idea what year the top photo is ?

No, got it off Picture Sheffield, the shop before the tram is the beer off that was on the corner of Canada St, one of the daughters of Elsie & Roy that had the shop live 10 mins from us these days.

It's getting a bit scary, you and Nettie being related, although I can see some similarities, guzzle guzzle.:hihi:

:hihi: I have no idea what you mean skippy :hihi:

I note there hasn't been any activity on this forum from Arthur (who started this thread) for a couple of months.

Has anyone been in touch with him, or his family?

Hope he's OK.

HI Geocol.I havent heard from him in a while either so i sent him a private message.I will let you know if he contacts me.he is my Dads brother:o

Before the bus, there were trams that ran from town to the corner of Carwood Rd & Petre St, it was outside of where we lived, although we didn't live there during that time.

PetreSt.jpg

This is the corner of Petre & Carwood Rd where we used to live, didn't look like this when we were there, but that was before they rebuilt the area, I took this when I visited in 92.

scan0002.jpg

I think my dads friends lived on that part of petre st, he was called len beeden, had a wife called Rita and two kids glen and shaun

HI Geocol.I havent heard from him in a while either so i sent him a private message.I will let you know if he contacts me.he is my Dads brother:o

Hopefully he's just gone away to somewhere warmer to escape a European winter, and there's nothing wrong.

Send him my regards.

Glen (and for anyone else concerned about Arthur),

I have made email contact with him.

He's OK (apart from the pain he goes through), Because of such he only spends a limited amount of time online, and has not been on here so much.

Geo.

thanks geocol for your message.I used to communicate with his son Michael but dont here from him anymore.I know he moved to France to be with his other son and Grandchildren.If you are reading this uncle Arthur will you please answer my request.If you manage to contact him geocol please pass this onThanx

Archived