Lawrence and Wilfred Fowler's uncle Robert?

Dojo

I wonder if anyone locally would have information that would help to identify how I am actually related to the Fowler brothers. It has long been known in our family (Fowler) that we are related to the two Sheffield brothers. Initially we believed that my Great Grandfather Robert Fowler was their brother but as he was born in 1871 it is more likely that he was their uncle.

He left Sheffield in 1913 with his Wife Ruth (maiden name Sandwell) and his children Robert born 1907 and Maude born around 1910. At some point he served in the Army.

Does anyone know the brothers family tree, their fathers linage would be of particular interest.

Thanks for advice, have registered but not yet upgraded to contact anyone. There have been Fowler relations posting on here in the past and hope that someone may see this who has some information regarding their father etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Wake up Sheffield there must be Fowlers there who are related to Lawrence and Wilfred and know something about their family history. I know that it was well buried at the time and was the decent thing to do but it does not help someone like myself trying to trace my Sheffield origins. My great grandfather looks to have been a bit of a lad, find it hard to believe he started his first family in 1907 age 36. Since found out that he married in York in 1911. What is the link my grandfather Robert and his sister Maud were born in

Sheffield (supposedly) but this would have been out of wedlock. did he desert a family, Who did he leave behind, We believe that his name was Robert but am starting to think it may have been his middle name or an alias. We know that he was in the army but surely would have been too old to have been called up, was he a regular? any suggestions. A bit of a mystery, he seems to have ran away and wanted forgetting and it appears to have worked well.

Archived