Looking for a Kickboxing class

Della

Hi

I'm new to the area, just moved over from South Africa, I've done some Kickboxing training and would like to continue over here. Can anyone recommend a club?

Della

there is a new community centre at shirecliffe they may do kickboxing there

Hi

I'm new to the area, just moved over from South Africa, I've done some Kickboxing training and would like to continue over here. Can anyone recommend a club?

Della

where abouts in sheffield are you della? there's a club near the devonshire cat pub in town, AFK, that is often mentioned on the forum - if you have a look at a few of the posts, or look for posts by chefkicker, you'll find more details

hmmm...no comment! lol

have you checked out the sheffieldmartscentre website? it's not kickboxing tho - it's combined fighting arts/JKD, which incorporates (i think) kickboxing (or similar), grappling, escrima, jun fan - i don't attend the CFA classes but can give a personal recommendation for the instructor (i've never trained at AFK).

also, there is (again, i think), a kickboxing club at walkley - i'll check!

there is a club at walkley - http://www.sheffieldkickboxing.co.uk - again i've never trained there (never done any kickboxing), so i don't know how good it is.

alternatively you could try the wicker camp, which teaches authentic muay thai and is a nationally (if not world?) renowned gym.

hope you find what you're looking for della - good luck with it (and welcome to sheffield and the sheffield forum!)

hi della, my name is richard quinn and i am one of the newest instructors at AFK, i know that on the forums that there is lot of bad blood between certain people but please do not let this put you off any club, i can personally vouch for AFK as i teach there but also because the mixture of people who train there are very friendly, the gym in wellington street has 4 classes a week for beginners, 2 classes for those who wish to fight and also a womans only session. we also run a club at sheffield hallam university twice a week with a beginners and an advanced class on both nights. if you wish to know any details about training times or have any questions what so ever you can either post on here or PM me and i will gladly reply. regardless of which club you choose i hope you find a one which suits you best.

richard

there is kick boxing at hillsborough arena on Monday and Wednesday nights and Saturday day time for further information phone 0114 2335310 or check out the website http://www.hillsborougharena.co.uk

Is this one run by Simon Marsden? I have got a few friends that go to this if it is Simon Marsden's and they said its really good, some have been training there a while.

Archived