Looking for a Kickboxing class

Della

There are quite a few different clubs in sheffield all with different things to offer.

AFK which is centrally based (town centre) and also has a "satellite club" based around Ecclesall has the following advantages over many of the rest.

Here is the information should anyone require it.

BEGINNERS CLASSES :

MONDAY 830PM , THURSDAY 830PM , SUNDAY 12-130PM (Wellington Street)

TUESDAY/THURSDAY 730PM (Sheffield Hallam University, Broomgrove Road)

WEDNESDAY 6-7PM ( Usport , Goodwin sports centre)

Female only class = THURSDAY 730PM (Wellington street boxing gym)

Want to just do your own thing and be coached on a few finer points (wether beginner or advanced) :

FRIDAY 6-7PM

Or, if you have done kickboxing before or another martial art to a decent standard,

EXPERIENCED CLASSES :

MONDAY 630-830PM (Wellington Street Boxing gym)

TUESDAY/THURSDAY 830-930pm (Sheffield Hallam University, Broomgrove Road)

FRIDAY 7-830PM (Wellington street boxing gym)

Visiting martial artists/boxers/kick or thaiboxers from other gyms are always welcome and regularly make an appearance at AFK.

We seem to be getting members from Royce Gracie BJJ club, Tangsoodo and also quite a few amateur boxers seem to be giving kickboxing a try. All of them add to the multi cultural/multi style sort of flavour at AFK.

Wellington street boxing gym is near the fire station in the town centre and also near the Devonshire cat pub.

The gym is fully equipped and has everything from weights to bags, to speedball/floor and ceiling ball and a boxing ring for sparring.

All the classes are taught by kickboxers with actual kickboxing ring experience. All instructors are patient and used to dealing with people at all levels from a nervous first timer, to sports people/athletes who simply use kickboxing to further their main sports aims right up to full contact kickboxers.

AFK has something for everyone

Hi Chefkicker

Thanks for the info on your classes. I've spent sometime looking at posts on this forum and also on your club forum. Its clear you have a popular club. However I find the anamosity towards other clubs in the area very saddening and don't think yours is the club for me thanks.

Della.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Avari, my brother runs a karate club in killamarsh nr C peaks. Although this is a traditinal karate club we train kickboxing and free style. Let me know if your interested. Best of luck with your search

Averi

I can openly vouch for the club run by Harry and Alex Jenkinson. Both are nice lads and know what they are talking about.

Hi Chefkicker

Thanks for the info on your classes. I've spent sometime looking at posts on this forum and also on your club forum. Its clear you have a popular club. However I find the anamosity towards other clubs in the area very saddening and don't think yours is the club for me thanks.

Della.

This post is very amusing to me :hihi:

Archived