Ridiculous rape laws...

I do not know and cannot think what "evidences" could be used for such a case. I have mentioned in the old thread that breatherlysers may be used to measure the drunkenness etc. However, such cases probably were not logged until the alcohol has worn off.

I actually do not agree with the outcome. No. Not especially after I have read the materials relating to the case.

Okay, so what do you propose instead?

How could this case have been fairly judged (on the evidence presented) to come to any other verdict?

That was again a response to someone else. I do not want to get into a personal fight with you, which you are very close to being. From what I sense of what you wrote on the other post.

Say what you will, but I won't respond to you Cyclone. Forget it.

It's a group conversation, you don't get to pick who responds to what you say.

If you wish to leave the discussion then that's up to you.

I do hope you've understood some of the points made here, but I get the impression that you haven't.

One thing that people often don't realise is that the woman in the case is not even able to be represented in court. She's merely a witness to the offence, and as such she has no-one except the Judge to protect her interests. And if s/he is one of the one in 3 people in the UK that believe a women is always partly responsible for being raped, s/he's not going to do a very good job of that. Judges don't always seem to be as impartial as we might hope when dealing with the law.

I agree with you, Cyclone, that a lot of men might be offended/upset/mortified by what I posted, especially if they had personal experience of taking advantage of drunken young girls, either now or in their mad youth. It doesn't make it any less true for all that. I don't think it's legally possible to libel an entire sex though, if so we're being libelled every day on SF :D some of the things that are posted about us as women.

if so we're being libelled every day on SF :D some of the things that are posted about us as women.

Really? where and when?? Looking at the occasional bursts of "all men are ********" threads that crop up frequently there seems to be a lot more misandry than misogyny floating around...

Really? where and when?? Looking at the occasional bursts of "all men are ********" threads that crop up frequently there seems to be a lot more misandry than misogyny floating around...

You may think that, being a man, and obviously do judging by the way you always pipe up whenever domestic violence or any other sex related items crop up, but I obviously don't. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said it. :rolleyes:

One thing that people often don't realise is that the woman in the case is not even able to be represented in court. She's merely a witness to the offence, and as such she has no-one except the Judge to protect her interests. And if s/he is one of the one in 3 people in the UK that believe a women is always partly responsible for being raped, s/he's not going to do a very good job of that. Judges don't always seem to be as impartial as we might hope when dealing with the law.

I agree with you, Cyclone, that a lot of men might be offended/upset/mortified by what I posted, especially if they had personal experience of taking advantage of drunken young girls, either now or in their mad youth. It doesn't make it any less true for all that. I don't think it's legally possible to libel an entire sex though, if so we're being libelled every day on SF :D some of the things that are posted about us as women.

Maybe if you did not imply what you do towards men and hid your sexist views from the public, you might not be single.

If i was you, i would take this opportunity to look in the mirror and change your ways or your future could be a lonely one.

Maybe if you did not imply what you do towards men and hid your sexist views from the public, you might not be single.

If i was you, i would take this opportunity to look in the mirror and change your ways or your future could be a lonely one.

am I bovvered? You're right though, I'm sure a lot of us would rather be unpartnered forever, than stuck with someone with some of the outdated attitudes you find in some men.

But why are you taking it so personally? Have I hit a nerve or something? Surely you aren't guilty of having skewed attitudes towards women?

Well then don't whinge - merge them it to an "All men are ********" megathread :cool:

You may think that, being a man, and obviously do judging by the way you always pipe up whenever domestic violence or any other sex related items crop up, but I obviously don't. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said it. :rolleyes:

No you don't I was asking where it had occured though. As I said, I've seen plenty of "all men are ********" threads but can't remember a single "all women are bitches one" which would seem to indicate your statement may be a touch hyperbolic?

As an aside is there any reason why I shouldn't pipe up when domestic violence et al threads appear? Are you trying to imply that because I'm male my input is invalid?

Archived