Are there any Irish bars in Sheffield?

Triangle

Go to the Dog every monday night, theres a folk session i play in in there and its just like being in a pub in ireland in a folk session, from my experience when i travelled around ireland playing in pub sessions :) its fab, and i dont think its grotty atall, but its all amatter of opinion. If you go in Fagans on say, a sunday evening, youll find that there are mostly irish people having a quiet drink in there, so you should have a look, also brilliant folk sessions ive played in there.

Yes the dog and partridge and fagins are two good real irish pubs. Monday nights is really good for live music - last time I was there about 15 musicians turned up for an ad hoc jam - it was great. Music in Fagins tends to be more "electric" and in back room - sometimes Tom the landlord's son plays too and does a mean tom petty rendition ...

patrick, youll have probably seen me playing in there on a monday night then, saxophone and whistle?? ring any bells? might pop over tonight for a couple of pints :)

were meeting there on the 16th of october for a meet up! see the notices and events thread for details!

linds

x

well there are irish bars in every other city in the world (saw 1 in ibiza and 3 in barcelona last week!) so I'd be suprised if sheffield was missing out!

Can't see the attraction myself, I love going to dublin (not temple bar I should add!). I Just don't see how that atmosphere could travel (and from the ones I've been in it doesn't).

• 6 years later...

Archived