How much pain can you take?

Hi all,

I’m new here. great forum!

I’ve been practicing for 20 over years and I have come to believe that pain and injuries, and the ability to endure them may be a big factor in deciding the outcome of a fight/match? anyone agree? most of the time, the emphasis it seems is to focus on one's skills/abilities/technical proficiency etc.

but the fact and reality of fighting remains - however good one is, if one does not have a high pain threshold, one will succumb quickly at the first sign of pain/injury/blood. so the question is, how does one handle pain?

is there a mental/physical training to withstand pain? how would you react to, say, a broken nose, teeth, a kick to the groin/ribs, a broken arm(amber)?

The question is, will you/should one carry on fighting despite a bloodied face or simply surrender?

I played about 30 mins of a rugby match with a broken collar bone. It had been kicked deliberately and i played through the pain on pure anger to try and "level the score". Strong emotions can increase your pain threshold drastically.

Hi all,

I’m new here. great forum!

I’ve been practicing for 20 over years and I have come to believe that pain and injuries, and the ability to endure them may be a big factor in deciding the outcome of a fight/match? anyone agree?

i'd agree, but many fights also finish by way of KO, and being KO'd is no indication of how much pain one is able to endure

Archived