Did anyone go to Western Rd. school

pagill

• 3 months later...
i was at western rd jnr from '59 to '63. my grans house was right next door to the school on the corner of mona avenue. does anyone know any of the " PRICE " family from that address ?

I went to Weston Rd School between 1935 to 1941 and the girl who lived there I think was called Cook who was sometimes late for school. Is that the name of the previous people who lived there or the same family

I went to Western road school in the 70's ..its now known has Westways :)

My daughter attends it now but will be moving up to King Edwards in September :D

I was at Westways in the mid 70s. Loved Mr Hughes, Mr Hurt. Miss Ambler was still there and Miss Marshall (music). Mr Holden liked to use his canvas slipper. Miss Scott was ok.

Had Mrs Wheeler in my 1st year in infants, then Miss Pursehouse.

Memories :-)

My Mum went there too in the late 40s/ely 50s I believe. She told me of Mr North, who was a teacher at Kind Edward VII when I was there.

I was at Westways in the mid 70s. Loved Mr Hughes, Mr Hurt. Miss Ambler was still there and Miss Marshall (music). Mr Holden liked to use his canvas slipper. Miss Scott was ok.

Had Mrs Wheeler in my 1st year in infants, then Miss Pursehouse.

Memories :-)

My Mum went there too in the late 40s/ely 50s I believe. She told me of Mr North, who was a teacher at Kind Edward VII when I was there.

I was there in the mid 70's, remember Miss Marshall with the ginger hair, can't remember the name of my teacher although I do remember him being a large bloke with a beard and wasn't afraid to use the cane or slipper.

I was there in the mid 70's, remember Miss Marshall with the ginger hair, can't remember the name of my teacher although I do remember him being a large bloke with a beard and wasn't afraid to use the cane or slipper.

Was it Mr Henstock?

• 2 months later...

Long time ago since we were there USUK, maybe distance lends enchantment, but we had good times, and despite the huge classes, we learned a lot. Do you remember the sweet shop at the corner of Mona Road? And buying a pennyworth of fizz and a ha-penny liquorice stick? Or didn't the boys go to that shop? Maybe just for bangers in the run-up to Guy Fawkes night?

Long time ago since we were there USUK, maybe distance lends enchantment, but we had good times, and despite the huge classes, we learned a lot. Do you remember the sweet shop at the corner of Mona Road? And buying a pennyworth of fizz and a ha-penny liquorice stick? Or didn't the boys go to that shop? Maybe just for bangers in the run-up to Guy Fawkes night?

Of course we went in it . Difficult not to when walking past it every day. That is of unless we stopped in the shop at the top of Mona Road, or thereabouts, and spent up on a frozen Jubbly

---------- Post added 18-07-2014 at 10:29 ----------

So do you think we were in the same class?

Or did we figure that out already.