Health clubs

Tracey.C.

I'm new to the area as well and looked at a couple of clubs. Fitness first was my favorite. No swimming pool but you can use any FF in the country they also do a limited no. of fitness classes I think it costs ~£30. Esporta (something like that?) costs more ~£50 but has loads of classes, a swimming pool and is a MUCH nicer.

I went to FF for a trial afternoon but decided that it was sooo boring and I probably wouldn't use it. As for the atmosphere, I went on a Sun afternoon so there weren't many people there. The receptionist told me it's quite social on week nights though.

I'm gonna start capoeira soon as a way of keeping fit toned and meeting new people. If you're just looking for someone to enjoy the evenings with PM me and we can be newbies together!

Hope I've helped :thumbsup:

Oh and, what IS baby fat?

• 5 months later...

There is a good Body Combat Circuit Training Class at The Source, they Train 6pm both MOndays and Tuesdays. The monday class is an easier beginners class and the Tuesday Class is alot harder. You will burn twice as many calories as you would if you used a gym (over 1000 on the Tuesday class)

£4 to train.

The Source

300 Meadowhall Way

Meadowhall

Sheffield

Tel no:- 0114 635600

or contact phphilz@hotmail.com

I think one of the more underrated fitness centres is very good - my local, upperthorpe healthy living centre

has a pool, a small but very well kitted gym, and various aerobic sessions weekly.

its the cheapest gym I know

if I remember correctly (its been a while since i went) its 6 pounds to join, and be inducted, and 3 or 4 pounds to use the gym/pool indefinately for the evening

if you're entitled to a splash card (student or on any form of income support) the price drops a fair bit too.

friendly people, just up the road from Infirmary Rd. tram stop, and well priced

Archived