The Piklet man

jan2002

Does anyone remember the guy on a pushbike with a basket on front who used to sell pikelets in parsons cross late 60s early 70s ?

How we used to look forward to his ringing bell

meant we were gonna sit round the fire toasting our pikelets spreading the 'real' butter yummmie never tasted pikelets like em since :bigsmile:

I can feel the warm butter dripping down my chin now;)

Originally posted by OneofThree

In the sixties all sorts were delivered by vans. We had the bread man, the fish man, the butcher, the mobile shop, fletchers, daisy fresh, clean-easy, betterware, the rent man. You didn't have to go shopping !!

And then came the Supermarkets!

A little bloke with mousey hair, moustache and a trilby. He lived about 100 yards from me on the corner of Lofthouse Road and Beulah Road. My grandmother used to call him Scabbybaldy! Nice pikelets though. He used to give us free ones if we stopped kicking the football at his wall.

Re-Bushbaby-ABC Streets

The ABC streets were- Anlaby, Brough, Cottam and Driffield Street.

I wonder what happened to the Airplane propellor that was fixed to the wall above a shop on that side of Penistone Road?

Happy Days!

Archived