Limbrick rd hillsborough

I am trying to trace my family tree and have managed to do quite a bit.The problem is my geat grandfather died quite young and my great grandmother remarried. The problem is I am trying unsuccessfuly to find out what her married name was the only thing I know for sure is she lived on Limbrick Rd in Hillsborough. I know she was living there in 1930 does any one know where I could search the address to find out the name of the person living there? She lived at 109 Limbrick Rd and her name before she remarried was Mary Carter.:help:

I would try posting a thread on sheffieldrecordsonline.org.uk. I don't know where on earth the people who use this site obtain their information from - it's astounding. They seem to be able to find out anything about anybody.

If you live in Sheffield, then there is a Sheffield Archives office you can visit.

I used to go to school (primary and secondary) with a Paul McMullen - he would be about 53 now - lived just off Barber rd - Crookesmoor. I

dont know if he was/is a relative - he used to have a profile on Friends Reunited - now lives in Doncaster.

I am trying to trace my family tree and have managed to do quite a bit.The problem is my geat grandfather died quite young and my great grandmother remarried. The problem is I am trying unsuccessfuly to find out what her married name was the only thing I know for sure is she lived on Limbrick Rd in Hillsborough. I know she was living there in 1930 does any one know where I could search the address to find out the name of the person living there? She lived at 109 Limbrick Rd and her name before she remarried was Mary Carter.:help:

You should be able to check the electoral roll for the address to work out which year she stopped living there, or if she carried on living there with a different name. When you have a rough idea of the year she married you can search the General Register Office index of births, marriages and deaths to find a Mary Carter marrying in Sheffield in that year.

Ian McMullen

You could look in the Kelly's Directory for 1930 where all the streets, roads are listed with the tenants name at 109 Limbrick Road.

The directories are on the shelf near the reception desk in the Local History Library on the first floor of the Central Library.

They also have copies of the Electoral Registers which give the names of the house occupiers.

The staff are very helpful there and it is all free.

Hope this helps you

Happy Days!

• 3 weeks later...

I was born at 109 Limbrick Road!! in 1966. but my mum can't remember the name of the people they bought the house from, she think's it was Fenwick.

But just spoke to her again and my Dad says the peeps they bought house from was 'Flemming' but my Mum also said if you go to the Mormon Church at Ecclesfield they will go back 5 generations for free

Archived