Poster Anger!!!

jimillmixit

Me and a few mates run an independent club night. Therefore we do our own promotions. That means putting out some flyers and posters in shop windows (we never fly poster).

Now heres my beef, It really takes the ----- when only a couple of days after you have been in a shop and displayed your poster in the window some clown takes yours down to advertise their night instead.

Come on this is a bit out of order? Also it tends to be the larger venues/nights that are resonsible for this.

Sheffield is a big enough city that we can all have the piece of the action. Now come on play fair.

p.s Get ready for Kid Acne Sat 21/4/7

I've been putting posters up in shops for more years than i care to think about & its always happened - not much you can do but keep going round & making sure your posters are up (and not sinking to their level by only postering over nights that have gone).

Me and a few mates run an independent club night. Therefore we do our own promotions. That means putting out some flyers and posters in shop windows (we never fly poster).

Now heres my beef, It really takes the ----- when only a couple of days after you have been in a shop and displayed your poster in the window some clown takes yours down to advertise their night instead.

Come on this is a bit out of order? Also it tends to be the larger venues/nights that are resonsible for this.

Sheffield is a big enough city that we can all have the piece of the action. Now come on play fair.

p.s Get ready for Kid Acne Sat 21/4/7

try paying them to put it up in the shop!! and not remove it

I know its a bit **** int it mate and in my experience its the big promoters most at fault on this one...you literally can't go anywhere without gatecrasher or some other commercial pap plastering over your good work :rolleyes:

Don't worry though mate, 21st will be a pearler! :thumbsup:

Whenever I'm out postering, I often take down other people's posters to make room for mine, but I always make sure they're out of date, and I would expect any promoter worth their salt to do the same. We're all in it together really innit?! :cool:

O.K. We all know its Plug and Gatecrasher who are blatantly doing this Jimmy, lets not pretend otherwise.

Thing is they have teams out doing this every day. I cant get out and do this everyday and check on my posters. Posters by the way, which are legitimately put up in:

a: a vacant spot

b: a spot that has an out of date poster on

So they dont give a toss about local promoters, or dont know the rules??

I would love to know what there views are?

Archived