Group (New Jersey Turnpike)

If this is the same band I am thinking of - they were called the Wolves before New Jersey Turnpike and they then went on to become another name......Quince Harmon comes to mind, but I could be wrong.

I saw them a few times at the Mucky Duck in 71/72 I think - they did some brilliant covers of the hits of the time.

I was working in a music shop - Johnson Electrics on Ecclesall Rd at the time - it was where a number of the local bands bought their gear and got to know their guitarist - his first name was Ross, if I remember.

I was working in a music shop - Johnson Electrics on Ecclesall Rd at the time - it was where a number of the local bands bought their gear and got to know their guitarist - his first name was Ross, if I remember.

You might have sold me my first electric guitar!

I wasnt there that long - one of the other guys that worked there (Jim) was a brilliant guitarist - occasionally nearer closing time we would have an impromtu jam session - 'Born to be Wild' by Steppenwolf was one of teh favourites at the time

• 6 years later...

Archived