Rock nights in Sheffield?

bubble_she

The Kasbah... full of old and young rockers.

Surprised wasnt mentioned with Salsters post- has it sorted with the best places to go there :D

Not a big fan of the Casbah, it was never the same after the Wap closed :(

Just a quick heads up for any RUSH fans.......

Sheffield arena October 6th, tickets on general sale tomorow :headbang:

got them on wednesday with fan club code after 1hour 20 mins on the phone £200 for 4 tickets :o it was only £30 odd last time :huh: god 3 years since the last tour where has the time gone

The first band I ever saw, at the age of 13. That was over 25 years ago - aaarrrgghhh.

Strangely enough I still occasionally play stuff like Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath - but i just cannot listen to Rush anymore - maybe its Geddy Lee's voice?

I know what you mean john, i stopped listening to them for a few years after the signals album, for pretty much the same reason. (Deep purple too, Gillans vocals)

And also they seemed to be getting too technical for my taste at that time.

I eventually revisited all the stuff i'd missed though and appreciated the fact that they always seem to do something different from the last album,( i think i wanted them to keep to the 'fly by night' '2112' vibe)

Geddy Lee's voice has changed a fair bit over the years though, you should give some of the newer stuff a go.

got them on wednesday with fan club code after 1hour 20 mins on the phone £200 for 4 tickets :o it was only £30 odd last time :huh: god 3 years since the last tour where has the time gone

I couldn't get through at all on Wednesday so rang the metro arena in Newcastle and got one there.

Then tried Sheff arena on Thursday and got through, so got some here as well.

Anyone going to Newcastle needing a lift let me know

I can remember paying £4.50 for Hammersmith odeon and Stafford new bingley hall gigs and you got a support act then!

I couldn't get through at all on Wednesday so rang the metro arena in Newcastle and got one there.

Then tried Sheff arena on Thursday and got through, so got some here as well.

Anyone going to Newcastle needing a lift let me know

I can remember paying £4.50 for Hammersmith odeon and Stafford new bingley hall gigs and you got a support act then!

just got tickets 4 rush ,heaven & hell tour Dio,ozzy, thunder.roger waters,after forever,ARFM gig at the purple turtle, saxon,rock & blues as well

after this i am not going to see any big bands as the ticket just cost to much

thats good of you to offer a lift :thumbsup: to newcastle :)

just got tickets 4 rush ,heaven & hell tour Dio,ozzy, thunder.roger waters,after forever,ARFM gig at the purple turtle, saxon,rock & blues as well

after this i am not going to see any big bands as the ticket just cost to much

thats good of you to offer a lift :thumbsup: to newcastle :)

I'm going to the Rock and blues again this year, the last one i went to was when the ozzie floyd played, the place was a mud bath.

you are right about the prices though, and most of the bands don't bother with the full shows these days.

The R&B is a good line up this year too, don't forget ya thing on a stick!

Archived