Did anyone see hawkwind at the city hall 74/75ish?

I remember going to this gig in my youth, I think it was around 1975 but I am struggling to remember the line up. I recently watched a BBC4 documentary on Hawkwind and know there were loads of line up changes in 1975, including Lemmy leaving. I am racking my poor addled brain and cannot remember who was there when I saw them. Ive even looked for pages that list old tours to try and find the exact month and try and work out the line up from there.

1975 was the Astounding Sounds Amazing Music Tour and featured..

Dave Brock (Guitar/Vocals)

Bob Calvert (Vocals)

Nik Turner (Sax/Flute/Vocals)

Paul Rudolph (Bass)

Simon House (Keyboards/Synth/Violin)

Alan Powell (Drums)

Simon King (Drums)

I remember the gig for the power cutting out halfway through Opa Loka.

aint I sad knowing that...

1975 was the Astounding Sounds Amazing Music Tour and featured..

Dave Brock (Guitar/Vocals)

Bob Calvert (Vocals)

Nik Turner (Sax/Flute/Vocals)

Paul Rudolph (Bass)

Simon House (Keyboards/Synth/Violin)

Alan Powell (Drums)

Simon King (Drums)

I remember the gig for the power cutting out halfway through Opa Loka.

aint I sad knowing that...

I m fairly sure this was the one as I remember the power going too. So it was obviously after Lemmy left. I was a little intoxicated so I dont remember much else. Is my memory failing me or was either Bob Calvert or Dave Brock in some sort of Nazi gear with a whip?

Nazi gear ???? Wash your mouth out!!!!!!

Bob Calvert, known for his theatricals, was most probably (and I saw them loads of times so I might be a bit confused) was wearing jhodpurs, shirt and a flying helmet/goggles for most of the gig.

I certainly don't remember a whip but it may have been a riding crop if he was looking for that sort of b&w film director crossed with flying ace look... who knows. I do remember him in a large black coat for Steppenwolf though.. barking mad I thought.

Brock was probably in those stripey trousers he wore every gig I ever saw and a while lab coat...

You are right, it was a kind of an aviator outfit now I recall (blame the gin!). I was in the balcony and it wasnt that brill a seat, but I am sure there was a whip ...

Is this what they call reinventing the past?

PS

Was there a support??

Support? over 30 years ago...??? I'm sure there was but I can't remember who.

Best support I ever saw with Hawkwind was in 1977, Bradford St Georges Hall, Hawkwind (in their best incarnation in my opinion - Brock, Calvert, House, King, Shaw) supported by Motorhead with Lemmy, Fast Eddie & Philthy Animal... pure class.

being a wee young whippersnapper at 38 i only saw hawkwind later on

i saw em at the nelson mandela bulding (26th october 1990) with RDF supporting.

and at whitby drac fest (27th september 1997)

ive also seen gong quite a few times too :)

Archived