Did anyone see hawkwind at the city hall 74/75ish?

I saw them around 85' at the City Hall and they were quite good from what I remember. Only went tho cause my mate Dave made me. Can't remember the support band at all.

What I do remember is that there was hardly anyone there at all, at most probably 2-300 people.

1975 was the Astounding Sounds Amazing Music Tour

I remember the gig for the power cutting out halfway through Opa Loka.

QUOTE]

I remember the same happening to Sabbath. Although they didn't have 2 drummers to entertain us while it came back on.

And should we mention the bootleg tapes of both Hawkwind and Motorhead in your possession Mr Vasquez.

You are right, it was a kind of an aviator outfit now I recall (blame the gin!). I was in the balcony and it wasnt that brill a seat, but I am sure there was a whip ...

I was in the balcony too with some mates from Bakewell, can't remember who exactly !

I remember the goggles and I'm sure it was a riding crop!

I loved The Space Ritual and Dorami LP's, still got them!

Did anyone go to see Family at the City Hall on their farewell tour???

I'm gonna post a new one on that!!

• 2 months later...
I saw Hawkwind a couple of times around the 'Brock white lab coat' period. I too thought they were dreadful.

I've seen Hawkwind several times, and always thought they were great, although they are what they are. You know what you're getting, so i can't understand why you went to see em twice if you thought they were dreadful.

Was it just the one gig or did you not like them at all?

I'll be seeing them tomorrow night... and saturday night... and sunday night... and in such lovely festival weather as well!!!!!

Hey Rich. How did it go? Was the weather as good as it was here, because we had a good couple of days. I assume they did Master of the Universe.

Archived