Did anyone see hawkwind at the city hall 74/75ish?

Paul,

They were BRILLIANT, much much better than I expected even though Brock looks more like Catweazle these days hahaha. The main gig set was oddly strange though, no Brainstorm, no Spirit of the Age, definitely NO SILVER MACHINE, no High Rise, no Uncle Sams on Mars, no Night of the Hawks, nothing from the Black Sword album, but all these..

Assualt & Battery

Golden Void

Steppenwolf

Infinity

Paradox

Flying Doctor

Only the dead dreams of the cold war kid

Where are you now

Robot

Utopia

Sonic attack

Hassan i sahba

Warriors

The awakening

The right stuff

and ...

Master of the universe

maybe some others I missed... it rained though and I watched them in bare feet in a muddy circus tent...

will probably be off to catch them again later in the year if you wanna trog along.

I remember going to this gig in my youth,

I saw them twice at the city hall, on the "Space ritual" tour and the one after, where Stacia and a saucy blonde called Renee signed my programme. I also saw them at an all nighter in Leeds in 73(?) where Lemmy nicked my Hawkwind badge to give to a groupie (swine!) and we sat next to Stacia, buck nekkid, on stage between dances. Heady teenage days!

I've still got the tickets & programmes, but can't remember where!

hahahaha am too young to have seen Lemmy with Hawkwind, jealous though that you seen the Space Ritual tour and then Mountain Grill... grrrrrr.

It was all sort of falling apart when I saw them first, then they brought it all back round after Turner/Rudolf/Powell left.

Richard

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd resurect this thread as Nik Turner is on at the Boardwalk next Tues (16 October) with Space Ritual (not sure who's in them these days - but a fair few x-HW members) and it seems to have had virtually no advertising.

I used to be well into HW when I was about 15/16 - sadly this was the early/mid 80s and I'd missed the best years - though the 84 tour with Nik Turner and Dead Fredw as a good laugh. I saw HW at Corporation last year and they were shocking - like a dodgy pub rock covers band - but its only really Dave Brock and whoever he met in the pub last week still in the band...

• 4 months later...
Hi Paul, long time no see :-). I still have my autographed Hawkwind albums, although don't have my record player hooked up anymore :-).

Jeremy.

Hi Jez. Record player? I assume that was a joke. You've a reputation in the IT world to think about!

I'll send you a PM tomorrow when I've a bit more time. 1.30 in the morning at the moment and I should really be going to bed.

be seeing you

Paul

Archived