Abbey Portable Buildings

• 8 years later...

Hi Mary I worked for your dad back in the early 1960 as a driver delivering sheds the workshop was on derbishire lane and the moved to Broad St in the town happy days.I lost saw your mum and dad around 1986/7 near crystall peaks and they both rememberd me,your dad was a wonderfull man.R i p.

Hi Bryan. Thank you for your quick response. It was my son, David, who came upon your message. We lived on Millmount Road and the workshop was at the back of the house. I remember Dad moving to Nunnery Yard. I realize having reached maturity what a truly remarkable man my Dad was. It is incredible how he used the circular saws and overcame so many difficulties with absolutely no sight. With hindsight I wish we had written a book of this extraordinary man' life. As his young daughter I simply took it all for granted. He passed away aged 70 after suffering for several years with motor neurone. A very sad end for him. He was so brave though right to the end and never lost his brilliant sense of humour. Mom passed away aged 86. Thank you so mu h for your kind comments which are really appreciated. I hope you are keeping in good health.