Shenstone Road, Hillsborough

In the early 50's up to 1960 there was a core of lads & lasses living on the road who played and ganged up together. We were a close knit group and shared many happy hours together especially "down the bank" by the River Don, an ideal place to enjoy mischief. Jimmy Sellars, Kevin Meehan, John Cheswick, Ronnie Staniforth (son of the footballer), John Preddy, Garry Bostock, Elaine Trotter, Pauline Case and Phyllis Bullas. Wherever you are, thanks for the memories.

Sadly Ronnie died back up in Barrow in Furness, his birthplace, at a very young age. His sister Lynne is now in OZ.

jossman

Did you know Brian Booth an old pal of mine?

Happy Days

I was a pal of Brians. He used to call for my sister to go to school when he was at High Storrs. I spent many hours in his house. His Dad had the old Triumph Blue Bird and sidecar. Where is he now??

In the early 50's up to 1960 there was a core of lads & lasses living on the road who played and ganged up together. We were a close knit group and shared many happy hours together especially "down the bank" by the River Don, an ideal place to enjoy mischief. Jimmy Sellars, Kevin Meehan, John Cheswick, Ronnie Staniforth (son of the footballer), John Preddy, Garry Bostock, Elaine Trotter, Pauline Case and Phyllis Bullas. Wherever you are, thanks for the memories.

Sadly Ronnie died back up in Barrow in Furness, his birthplace, at a very young age. His sister Lynne is now in OZ.

Pete S, Are you saying Ron Jnr died young or Ron Snr?...RoyT

Pete S, Are you saying Ron Jnr died young or Ron Snr?...RoyT

Ronnie junior Roy. He was working in a garage in Barrow-in-Furness in the late 70's when I bumped into him. He was not a happy bunny even at that time. His sister Lynne contacted me a couple of years ago to tell me that he had died of lung cancer and never smoked. I think he was in his late 40's.

Jossman

Brian is alive and well, living in Ranmoor.

Recently retired from his job at the University and enjoying his retirement.

He is married with three grown up kids who are all in professional jobs and doing well. (Sadly, away from Sheffield.)

Did you know any lads or lasses from Fielding Road?

Happy Days!

Jossman

Brian is alive and well, living in Ranmoor.

Recently retired from his job at the University and enjoying his retirement.

He is married with three grown up kids who are all in professional jobs and doing well. (Sadly, away from Sheffield.)

Did you know any lads or lasses from Fielding Road?

Happy Days!

Popt , did you know Martin Phelan from fielden Rd? he was an old pal of Jossman and me...

Arrodbo

I knew Martin Phelan by sight but not as a friend.

My wife who lived in Fielding Road knew him quite well.

Brian Booth was 'their' paperlad.

Happy Days!

Now for the obvious question POPT, what is your wifes name?? Arrodbo and myself might know her. I have not seen Brian since I joined the Navy in 1960!! Do you know Alan Blakey and John or David Johnson??

Arrodbo

I knew Martin Phelan by sight but not as a friend.

My wife who lived in Fielding Road knew him quite well.

Brian Booth was 'their' paperlad.

Happy Days!

Now for the obvious question POPT, what is your wifes name?? Arrodbo and myself might know her. I have not seen Brian since I joined the Navy in 1960!! Do you know Alan Blakey and John or David Johnson?? Please give Brian my best regards if you are in touch with him and tell him my sister Anne is in retirement in Eastbourne and had two daughters. We are the Swanns' and lived at No.6