Laminate flooring MEGATHREAD

Originally posted by Buffs

Hi people,

My boyfriend has given me the task of arranging to have laminate flooring put down in my dining room. Does anyone whos had this done know of any good places?

I would prefer somewhere that will fit it for me aswell as not too gifted in that area!

Many Thanks x

i bought the heavy duty stuff from B & Q (coz of the dogs) very good stuff it is too,one of the lads that works for me does fitting at the weekends,he did mine and did a fantastic job.pm me if you want his number.

B&Q do not sell high quality laminate flooring, never have and never will. Most of their stuff is made by Floormaster and they are by no means one of the best manufacturers.

2 brands that are worth checking out are Quick Step and Pergo - Doors & Floors Galore on Attercliffe Road do both but Quick Step is available all over the place. They're the only 2 brands I'll recommend - fitted loads and most are naff.

Try Harrison Flooring who fitted our wooden flooring but also fits laminates.

Personally, I'd avoid the laminates and go for a solid wood floor. A bit more expensive but the difference is well worth it.