Gangway F crowd

Depends on when my eldest decides to get to the match. She's in the 13 year old "Don't mind/care" phase at the moment. Where are you thinking of? We usually go to either the Cricketers or sometimes the Sheaf.

Both bastions of tolerance ..........

Depends on when my eldest decides to get to the match. She's in the 13 year old "Don't mind/care" phase at the moment. Where are you thinking of? We usually go to either the Cricketers or sometimes the Sheaf.

Both bastions of tolerance ..........

As far as I remember (only been in there a few times), the Sheaf doesn't show live matches. Does The Cricketers? I've never actually been in there on a matchday.

My usual pre-match pubs are either The Lescar (it's on my way) or The Old Monk.

As far as I remember (only been in there a few times), the Sheaf doesn't show live matches. Does The Cricketers? I've never actually been in there on a matchday.

My usual pre-match pubs are either The Lescar (it's on my way) or The Old Monk.

The Cricketers certainly doesn't, but I'll check about the Sheaf. It always used to have late matches on, but before a home match, it was Sky Sports News .......

The Cricketers certainly doesn't, but I'll check about the Sheaf. It always used to have late matches on, but before a home match, it was Sky Sports News .......

Which Sheaf do you mean, guys? The real ale pub 'View' or the one on Bramall Lane? The 'Sheaf View' doesn't have it, man - they don't have TVs in there. A proper drinking pub - that's why I love it so much [hic] ;)

i'm up for this.. The old monk in town is possibly best place to meet, then you can eat and drink whilst in the security of a blades pub

Aside from the footy has anyone watched any of the Cricket World Cup in the Monk yet? Have they had the sound on??

It's a bugger trying to find somewhere that does it & the Walkabout is just pants if its empty.

Archived