Gangway F crowd

Which Sheaf do you mean, guys? The real ale pub 'View' or the one on Bramall Lane? The 'Sheaf View' doesn't have it, man - they don't have TVs in there. A proper drinking pub - that's why I love it so much [hic] ;)

The one on Bramall Lane. The Sheaf View ........ mmmmmmm .......... beeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr ................

Aside from the footy has anyone watched any of the Cricket World Cup in the Monk yet? Have they had the sound on??

It's a bugger trying to find somewhere that does it & the Walkabout is just pants if its empty.

The Pump will probably have it on, unless there's football on ........ even then, it may still keep the cricket on.

The pump has shut. It's going to be knocked down as part of the moor redevelopment

Correct, it has. Thats where we used to go :(

We've discovered The Roebuck has draught Budweiser now though so I reckon thats going to be our new watering hole before and after matches now.

We normally go in the Star Wars Bar (aka Moorfoot Tavern) after the match for a couple aswell.

Any news about the Sheaf yet hippy?

If that's showing it, then I'll go there cos it's closest to the ground. Otherwise I'll be in The Old Monk.

I'm sure the Sheaf House will have it on, but it gets a bit jammed. I only go in the tap room in the Cricketers now, but I don't think they have Sky now (may be wrong). Having said that, my mates (other Gangway F followers) will probably imbibe in the Sheaf anyway ......

The pump has shut. It's going to be knocked down as part of the moor redevelopment

BALLY HELL! I know the old landlord took over the Sportsman, but I didn't think yet another of Sheffield's few city centre 'pub' type pubs had gone?

I'm sure the Sheaf House will have it on, but it gets a bit jammed. I only go in the tap room in the Cricketers now, but I don't think they have Sky now (may be wrong). Having said that, my mates (other Gangway F followers) will probably imbibe in the Sheaf anyway ......
I'll head to the Sheaf for about midday tommorow, or at least that's the plan. If it's showing, then I'll stop in there. If you happen to be in and see a mid-twenties bloke who probably looks like he needs a shave staring at the footy, come and say hi.

Well, I'm aiming to be in the Cricks earlyish before the Cockneys' match, and then trundle up to the Sheaf to meet my Dronny mates. Managed to get outside the Sheaf after the match last week, but didn't make the early doors.

If you see a bloke with long hair, and a long beard, it's probably me ........ especially if perched at the top of Gangway F .........

Archived