Sheffield - city of townie bars

Another thread that can't face being told the truth. And I was wrong when I described you as looking at the world (or the Sheffield part of it) through rose-coloured contact lenses - you seem to be looking at it through concrete contact lenses instead.

Unisol is right though. There are plenty of decent bars in town whats wrong with ruby, runaway girl, cristal, lava, bia hoi, DQs, muse, the forum.......

Loads of decent, non-townie bars............

Unisol is right though. There are plenty of decent bars in town whats wrong with ruby, runaway girl, cristal, lava, bia hoi, DQs, muse, the forum.......

Loads of decent, non-townie bars............

As they say, 30 bars - all of them the same.

Most of those aren't chain bars. There are no more than around 10 or 15 of them in the country.

So that would be a chain then...... 10 bars under the same ownership/brand.

As for all the bars above being identical....... no they aren't. Take DQ for example, puts on top drawer nights and manages to attract various high profile DJ's/acts and recently voted best bar in Yorkshire which would be completely different to Muse for example.

And what makes you such an expert on townie bars Firecrapper?

Oh yes, you are a townie. Enjoy.

At the end of the day, you don't get in Sheffield anything that you don't already get in Barnsley - at least as far as bars are concerned.

At the end of the day, you don't get in Sheffield anything that you don't already get in Barnsley.

And Barnsley's got some cracking places! Lucorum for a starters is a quality place as are the Arches. Actually I'm not offended by that remark at all!

Archived