Oceana Rumours.

SimpyTimpy

I know Kingdom is changing to Embrace, that's a definate. The only thing I have really heard with substance was the Curry's location. But finding any sort of evidence is a different matter.

Are you mad, see my post above. How much more eveidence do you need that Oceana are interested in opening up in Sheffield?

And with regard to Roxy's - the amount of time's i have heard that. It's just not true, it would cost millions to gut the inside and anyway it has been sold to a person then they f*cked off abroad and just left it. It has planning permission to be like a little shopping centre etc but that's due to run out soon.

Are you mad, see my post above. How much more eveidence do you need that Oceana are interested in opening up in Sheffield?

And with regard to Roxy's - the amount of time's i have heard that. It's just not true, it would cost millions to gut the inside and anyway it has been sold to a person then they f*cked off abroad and just left it. It has planning permission to be like a little shopping centre etc but that's due to run out soon.

You would think that if you Googled, you might find more recent hard evidence - from Lumiere Leisure itself - and I wonder if they've got cold feet on the idea.

Thats the point, I have seen those documents but can't find ANY other evidence on the opening. And considering it would be a big deal if they opened here I find that strange.

Really don't see how it matters one way or the other who owns the old Kindom, it's going to be more of the same. If it's your cup of tea then go for it, if not avoid it like the plague. As Sheffield builds and grows they'll be more and more bars and clubs popping up, can only be a positive thing as will cater for all tastes.

You don't have a license if you don't have any premises.

My thoughts: Oceana were intending to open this coming summer. Kingdom decided to have a refurb because of the threat they would pose to their stinky battered old venue (come on, the carpets were minging!). Oceana are now waiting until Kingdom/Embrace is demolished. I'd imagine they'll open on the day of Embrace's big last ever event.

Archived