Badminton Chat/Info

Hi all, I can make wed now as course I'm on doesn't have evening work as I thought - may have another (beginner) joining us. Can u confirm if u are coming along so we know whether to book one or 2 courts. (any other new players fancy a game?)Cheers, Ken.

PS Glad ur ok Pran after being stitched up!

Hiya sorry i couldnt make it last night! how was it? did everyone have fun?

Im working 9am-5.30pm then 10pm-3am all this week!! Thought id have energy to play badminton but all this week ive only been getting 1-2 hours sleep so ive been feeling really knackered! Sorry! Hope you got my Text message Pranav..

Should be okay next week but ill let you guys know :)

ah we missed ya - ... if you need rest though you need rest that's cool! (had a short siesta myself earlier) We were missing one or 2 others as well but with 2 new players (beginners) we had a great session. Glad you're still interested in playing though funkyukgal - it was a quiet week, but next week is already looking busy. (I've started a new thread - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18081)

Is anyone else getting a bit annoyed by Ponds Forge?

Why you can't play badminton at a regular time every week is beyond me. This week they have an event on that covers Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Fair enough so they have to get the reddies in somehow and they have to cover a large range of activities, but I need to book to get a court (so they're not short on demand) and then I pay (compared to, say, Hillsborough Leisure Centre) a fair wack more for 15 minutes less court-time.

Last week I went along to be told that they booked us a court when the hall wasn't being used for badminton, so that was another week I couldn't play - AND despite taking my phone number with the booking they waited until I got there to tell me this!!

Are there no other large halls in such a vast building for big events?

I know, I'm whinging, and all I have to do is go elsewhere but it's so much closer than any other of the city's facilities.

Archived