Badminton Chat/Info

Nearly ran out of options here, but the good news is I may be able to get courts at Sheffield University between 7.00 and 8.00 next Thu. I will be able to confirm tomorrow.

Pond's Forge Sports Hall is out of action for 2 months due to other events (Sharks matches, indoor bowling) Hillsborough doesn't have availability due to block bookings, neither does Hallam University. I checked out Springs Leisure Centre but the place is very unwelcoming on a dark night with dodgy characters hanging round the car park drinking cans of beer. I was told a lot of money had been spent on this leisure centre but it has the feel of a troubled school on a bad estate from the outside so I didn't check any further - it's not really the kind of place to meet socially.

So let's hope I can get in at Sheff Uni (Goodwin Sports Centre on Northumberland Road) http://www.shef.ac.uk/usport/map.html Will post update tomorrow

Ken

Agreed - I don't think of Pond's Forge as a Leisure Centre anymore. It's run by Sheffield International Venues and their focus is obviously not catering for the local community. I just tried to book badminton for next thu and found out the main hall is closed for 2 months (http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16949)

Hi all,

I managed to get 2 courts booked from 7-8pm next Thu. To make full use of the hour I suggest we meet at 6.50 in the reception area. To get to Goodwin Sports Centre head out of town on the A57 past the Childrens Hospital and take the second right down Northumberland Road. the centre is on the right hand side, but there is off road parking a little further on, on the left. Reception is next to the swimming pool.

Let me know if you can make it. We may have 4 Chinese students joining us. (Hope they're not too good for us)

Cheers,

Ken

Archived