Badminton Chat/Info

ive got my badmington bat racket fingy turning up on friday :) (dont i sound smart haha...well it is late)

just starting playing again after.....ermm....12 years... yikes.. im 26 now and always injured and constant shin splints and knee pains..but im giving it a go.

when im a world beater i may pop along ;)

but im afriad if a female (aka funkyukgal) was to go...and i was beaten..i may cry or else id just have to lie about losing to a girl haha :)

hmmm thanks funky - I may be keen but very amateurish and I think you may be hiding your talent to protect others pride But you're right it's just a bit of fun ... tonight we could have 4 6 or maybe 10 people (if the chinese group turns up!). Hope everyone finds us OK (Goodwin Sports Centre is 200 yards down Northumberland Road on right then 75 yards down path on left)

Booking still a problem. Next week I have 1 court from 7.15 to 9.15 at Hillsborough on WEDNESDAY (3rd Nov). Who can make it?

Hi, Zar here.

Sounds like you have got a great group going, I know its late notice but do you think I could come along to the Goodwin centre and play tonight?

I havent played for quite a while and really do just play for fun.

Zar.

Didnt want to just come along with out hearing from anyone first.

I dont drive so would find it difficult to get out to Hillsborough, best venues for me are City and Goodwins, so I will come along when you are there if thats ok..............definitely want to play though, Zar.

Hi funkyukgal, Hillsborough Leisure Centre is on the Penistone Road on the right before you get to Sheffield Wednesday's ground (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=433592&y=390295&z=0&sv=s6+2AN&st=2&pc=s6+2AN&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf). I've done a quick search for buses and trams - the number 53 is probably your best bet (http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/yorkhumber/southyorkshire/map/overgroundshef_nw.php) as the tram goes along Middlewood Road and you will have maybe half a mile walk from Hillsborough or Leppings Lane (http://www.supertram.com/map.html). Hope to see you on wed at 7.45. Ken

i'll try and keep an eye on this thread coz i fancy a few games but can never do wednesdays. and hillsbrough would take me so long to get to and from. were prob talking `get home, get changed, go out (no food), get there about 8.00 if lucky! then another 2hrs getting back. wud be tired, starving and back in time for bed and work in morning!! hellish!

ive only just bought myself a racquet and plan to play once a week with my lodger.. most likely dronfield sports centre. easy to get to and a few courts.

keep posting where and when and hopefully i will end up getting to one somewhere else.

:0)

Hi Guys and gals

Definatly interested in playing again, havn't played for a few years,m whens the next meet? and is there anywhere i can hire a racquet from until i can get myself one again (i think the other one went to the car boot actually)

Cheers

Scott :D

Archived