Badminton Chat/Info

Originally posted by Scottandandy

Why not :(

Near enough what MTheo said :) I start work at 9.30pm so it depends on where the courts are booked and what time...

Originally posted by MTheo

i'll string a net up in my tiny backgarden :0)

lol yeah can see it now its gonna be a good game...would it be a half court :P

Originally posted by MTheo

same as me....cept for the working at night part....

You'll just lazy :P

half court?...try quater...up a slope hahaha

lazy moi?? who you been talking to? :P

im 26.. :( but no one belives that.. apparantly i never grow up. wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

well i know my brain doesnt but seems im stuck at about 20 (in appearance) and 15 (brain)

but still :) i dont care nur nur nur nur nur

p.s. funkyukgal ....... *sticks tounge out, and runs off*

Scottandandy - Raquet hire is £2 for the session at Goodwin which is a bit steep (plus £10 refundable deposit). If we get enough players, not everyone will be on court all the time, so you may be able to borrow a raquet.

... we do have mixed ages in the group, but 26 is at the er, lower end ... but age is not the question, its ability ... youth is no substitute for skill ;-)

see you thu

ps is there 2 of you?

£2 with a tenner deposit, no problem, i can cope with that, no there is just me, i only registered with my flatmates name cos we were looking for a tenent to move into our spare room- now i just look . . . well- gay hahaa. Where is the goodwin place and what time do we meet? (memory like a goldfish)

Goodwin is about 300 yards down Northumberland Road on the right. Then follow the path down to reception on the right. I'll be there about 10 mins before 8. (Northumberland Road is 2nd on right after Childrens Hospital when leaving town).

Map here: http://www.shef.ac.uk/usport/map.html or here http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=433582&y=387370&z=0&sv=S10+2TY&st=2&pc=S10+2TY&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

See you there, Ken

Get better soon Zar ...

Good mix of folks turned up on Thu - hope you had a good game Scott - Miggy what can I say? playing an entire rally on the deck and winning the point!

I'll do my best to keep new people coming - I have a listing in The Star and Telegraph. Bad news for next week though. I can't get a court at Goodwin, Hillsborough, (or Pond's Forge! we know). I'm trying to get a court at Hallam University, but not getting any reply at the moment. Will let you know if I have any success, otherwise it will be 2 weeks time on Thu 25th.

grrrr wish i could go, i think im gonna have to just scout around for places easier to get to for me. :mad: bugger.

you'd think there would be more places around town centre wouldnt you.... ponds forge is no use if its always booked. any1 know any other places near town centre?

Archived