Another shooting in town last night

Internetowl

Knowing quite a lot about this new power of the police, and also effectively the increase in discretionary powers of magistrates in relation to licensing, I cant see them reversing this decision. If the club failed to comply with previous advice from the Police it is certain they be refused a further licence.

On top of that there is all kinds of red tape about re-opening a closed venue....I would be looking for a new career if I was the licence holder of that place.

Originally posted by J-Blaze

I think clubs should have metal detectors by law in this day and age. Just because guns aren't legal here doesn't mean people don't still carry them. I'm glad I'm out of Sheffield at present as I too would most likely have been in Element that night.

As for the amount of shootings this year I know of at least 9 and I'm pretty sure there has been more.

Why are people saying no one was injured when 3 people are in Hospital?

one person had a minor injury, the rest were from other shootings on the same night in pitsmoor/burngreave area.

there are other issues here, do you think that the licensee of a club is all seeing and all knowing of everything that goes on? if so then why are the majority if people in dance clubs in a saturday night off their heads on pills?

I'd suggest that the Police are less concerned with a club of loved up clubbers than with people taking guns into venues...

But anyway.. hope it goes well at the hearing - it'd be real shame for long running & quality nights like Scuba to lose their venue - as Sheffield is not exactly over run with good club venues at the momment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived