Running advice please?

I've recently started running, and really need to buid my stamina. Whats the best way to build up the distance? Is it to run the same route each time until you can run that route without having to stop. Or is it better to increase the distance gradually, even though you might not be able to do the whole run without having to stop?

Hi

I started running last November, moving up from 2 miles per session to 10 by the end of March. I stuck to minor variations of the same route so that I could easily set an objective for the next run (top of the next hill etc) and also time my run so that I could maintain a consistent speed. I ran in the evenings/early mornings so it was always too dark to see the scenery, so there was no real point in varying the run too much! Now that I am confident about setting a pace and being able to cover a certain distance, I have started to vary the routes more.

Pete

Archived