Indian Take-aways, Waterthorpe area

Emilychee

or there's"curry tonight," which is a delivery-only service,

they have a website where you can order your meal, or there's a freefone number, 0800 083 0666.

you can get all the "trantlements", too, that go with a curry...

naans, puppodoms, sauces (like pickles and raitas)

They do pretty much most curries, from kormas to vindaloo, by way of byrianis and jalfrezis, dopaiza.

you can specify the strength of the spiciness, too.

I have their meals regularly, they're inexpensive:- I get korma and pilau rice for under six quid, and the food is nice.

(they do pizza as well as curries)

As for the size of the portions, they are generous...

if we are having a girly-night-in-with-a -video, me and my mate will order one portion of Korma, one portion of rice, and a naan bread, and it feeds the both of us, comfortably. I can halve the food, and have it the next day for lunch, if there's just me ordering.

PT

Originally posted by Plain Talker

or there's"curry tonight," which is a delivery-only service,

they have a website where you can order your meal, or there's a freefone number, 0800 083 0666.

you can get all the "trantlements", too, that go with a curry...

naans, puppodoms, sauces (like pickles and raitas)

They do pretty much most curries, from kormas to vindaloo, by way of byrianis and jalfrezis, dopaiza.

you can specify the strength of the spiciness, too.

I have their meals regularly, they're inexpensive:- I get korma and pilau rice for under six quid, and the food is nice.

(they do pizza as well as curries)

As for the size of the portions, they are generous...

if we are having a girly-night-in-with-a -video, me and my mate will order one portion of Korma, one portion of rice, and a naan bread, and it feeds the both of us, comfortably. I can halve the food, and have it the next day for lunch, if there's just me ordering.

PT

as a self confessed curyy monster there grub didn't do anything for me,its everyone to their own but i thought it was a bit ****

• 2 years later...
Lancers in Birly/Hackenthorpe. Should deliver down your way.

It tastes like heaven too.

You must be either a relative, blind or without tastebuds.

Lancers is possibly the worst indian takeaway in Sheffield (and thats saying something). I had the misfortune to be ripped off for a curry from there recently. £14 for ....

chicken tikka masala - 85% odd thick sauce and strange bits of chicken that werent breast pieces.

lamb rogan - 4 pieces of meat (maybe lamb) in a thick crap tomato sauce

onion bahgees - tasted like they were fried in 2 month old chip fat last week and dipped in creasote.

a bag of salad that quite seriously was llike brown mush and had been sat somewhere tied up for a month. along with an odd pink sauce accompaniment that look like watery nail varnish (im not kidding it was pink!)

nan bread and plain rice - woohoo they managed to make rice and nan bread that wasnt as foul as the rest of it.. well done!

DONT EVER GO THERE (YES EVEN IF YOUR DESPERATE) .. ITS AWFUL!

• 2 weeks later...
Lancers is possibly the worst indian takeaway in Sheffield

The only time I've ever asked for a refund from a take away was from Lancers.

It was the worst food I've ever seen (not just tasted: it looked as inedible as it tasted). It looked like something the cat had brought up and smelled/tasted just as bad (I'd imagine!).

This wasn't just my opinion. We ordered 3 meals in the same order, all of them ended up in the bin.

They refused to give a refund by the way. Avoid at all costs.

• 2 weeks later...

I must back up the views expressed regarding " Lancers " at Birley Moor Road.I went recently and ordered a meal.I was told that it would take 20 mins to make but i had to wait 45 mins.I wouldn't have so much minded this if they had the decency to speak to me in the shop and offer an apology but none came.Even a small bit of eye contact would have placated me.

I waited all the while in a freezing shop only to arrive home and find that the meal was just as freezing.

I called them to complain and was offered the same meal for free but I don't think I will take the offer up.

The meal itself was very poor in quality.Rasheeds at Manor Top is way better.

Archived