Benefit payments over easter

Does anyone know if Tuesday's benefit payments go in tomorrow or on tuesday?

I know people who are due to get their money on monday got theirs yesterday.

Quite often in the past on a bank holiday i have got my payment on a saturday but i'm not sure what day it's going in this time round, does anyone know?

Quite often in the past on a bank holiday i have got my payment on a saturday but i'm not sure what day it's going in this time round, does anyone know?

i saw in post office other day the dates, it said anyone paid friday or monday would have been paid early and it would be thursday. So if you due tuesday it will most probably go in tuesday.:)

If you're one of the miniscule number of people who still receive a giro, then you should have received it.

If you are due to receive payment to your account by Monday then you will have been paid.

If you are due payment on Tuesday, you will be paid on Tuesday.

• 4 years later...

Nope its not gone in today - got a letter Saturday dated April 20 saying they had paid it in - its slightly baffling as to why they sent a letter telling me they were paying it in when it would have been paid in anyway and then not actually paying it in - going to ring them now and see what they have to say will keep you posted.

Finally got through to ESA - apparently because there have been Bank Holidays it hasn't cleared which IMO is rubbish his DLA was showing as pending in his bank from Thursday and isn't due until today :s and ESA should clear by tomorrow - which doesn't help all the people who have had Easter ruined.

Archived