Ringinglow - Norfolk Arms

Deepak_S7

Hi

The Norfolk Arms is looking nearly ready after its refurb

Does any one know when they are planning to open and if it will be an honest boozer or an annoying 'gastropub' like Chequers has become?

Its such a sweet location, Im really msiing it

Deepak

Hi

The Norfolk Arms is looking nearly ready after its refurb

Does any one know when they are planning to open and if it will be an honest boozer or an annoying 'gastropub' like Chequers has become?

Its such a sweet location, Im really msiing it

Deepak

I imagine food will be a priority because that's where pubs make their money these days. There's just not enough population locally to support an honest boozer.

It has reopened as of this Thursday. I have been and it all looks quite nice though the traditional feel has gone a bit and I think some artwork etc is still waiting to be decided on as it looks a little sterile.

They are definitey going for food, the restaurant now look more like something you find in town. Black leather chairs, white table cloths, 3 glasses, contemporary crockery. The area in the bar appears to be for more casual dining, and is twice the size at least as it was before. There has also been an increase in price, £2.60 Carling and £2.40 Stones as examples. That was to be expected anyway as the budget also happened whilst they were closed.

The menu's arent out so i cant comment on that though i belive that the food is due to start sometime late this week.

Archived