Just been listening to a radio phone in

kirky

they had some 3rd division ref on explaing the rules, he reckons if a player takes his shirt off during a match he could be sent off but would a least get a yellow card...if he pulls his shirt onto his head ravineli style thats not a booking but if he pulls it to the back of his neck it is..........the presenter asked the ref what he would do if the whole team took off their shirts after a goal was scored..he reckon he'd abandon the match.....bet that would go down well...... :?

I have just read in the Daily Mirror the Ref in Question has refused to back down even though Sepp Blatter has said the Ref was wrong,some Refs are frightened to death, the letter of the law has gone mad.A player pulls his shirt over his head for what 3 seconds & this moron Ref sends him off because he had already been booked ,I also think the Refs think if they do not abide by the rules fully they will get banned .A Ref has already been banned because he should have sent a player off I think it was a Liverpool match when the guy had already been yellow carded in the first half & he did not send him off.What next do not smile & wave your hands to the crowd or risk being sent off,footy has gone crazy it is a natural reaction to celebrate a goal being scored.

Archived