Can these yanks get any dafter ?

But some stereotype can be such fun. (As long as they don't get really offensive).

And empty your ******* PM inbox :D

:rolleyes: You get away with murder, you do. Isn't this with everything? Depends on the relationship you have with that person?

I've emptied the box now. Keep your hair on!

Mind your language young man. :rant:

I don't really understand your rant on this thread, but I will roll on the floor and laugh if you ever found that your missus have American relatives or other. Ha! Karma and all that. Filial piety and all that, I hope you're ready for that. It's ever-so-popular in SE Asia. :P

:rolleyes: You get away with murder, you do. Isn't this with everything? Depends on the relationship you have with that person?

I've emptied the box now. Keep your hair on!

Mind your language young man. :rant:

I don't really understand your rant on this thread, but I will roll on the floor and laugh if you ever found that your missus have American relatives or other. Ha! Karma and all that. Filial piety and all that, I hope you're ready for that. It's ever-so-popular in SE Asia. :P

That's cos I'm cute :)

The word was flipping. Not my problem if you have a dirty mind. :hihi:

Sulis, american ? .......nooooooooooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaay

That's cos I'm cute :)

The word was flipping. Not my problem if you have a dirty mind. :hihi:

Sulis, american ? .......nooooooooooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaay

Cute? Grab me a bucket. A grown cannot do cute and get away with it. I'm sorry. :gag:

Eh ? Speak for yourself. lol.

No, Sulis may have a sister whose OH can be American. Yet you have to be civilised and be a great brother-in-law or something. I'd laugh if that happens one day, never say never! :razz:

Cute? Grab me a bucket. A grown cannot do cute and get away with it. I'm sorry. :gag:

Eh ? Speak for yourself. lol.

No, Sulis may have a sister whose OH can be American. Yet you have to be civilised and be a great brother-in-law or something. I'd laugh if that happens one day, never say never! :razz:

Americans have a really bad rep over there. Can't see that happening.

Besides she only has one unmarried sister and I may take her as a second wife. :D (thank the lords sulis can't read this or I'll get my bits chopped off)

Anyway I know a mainland lass who tells me the way I speak mandarin is cute. She says I speak it like a five year old. :D

Americans have a really bad rep over there. Can't see that happening.

Besides she only has one unmarried sister and I may take her as a second wife. :D (thank the lords sulis can't read this or I'll get my bits chopped off)

Anyway I know a mainland lass who tells me the way I speak mandarin is cute. She says I speak it like a five year old. :D

:gag:

Eh? Don't get that, but won't burst your bubble of how the world is. :P

Yes, one day Sulis will find out about all this, and you should be a worried man!

I think maybe the girl was being polite. Grab me a bucket...

Classic. :hihi:

This just made me chuckle. It's similar to what I wrote on that other racism thread. Is it considered as racism, or just bad behaviours from people of differing cultures? :)

I am kind of shocked at reading some of the things that are written on this thread, but I take it, this is a kind of retaliation of sorts or something. I dunno... I'm kind of surprised that people are labelling others by the country that they reside in! It makes me think that a lot of people are indeed very patriotic, and kind of wants to be when they wish to be. :confused:

I don't know whether it is just me, who do not read too many tabloids or follow politics to the tee, that makes me see people as individuals and not as a collective group defined by the country that they live in, or by the political leader which happens to rule at the time that they're a citizen in that country!

Am I the only one here who thinks it is crazy to think this way? :confused: :confused:

I just had a good chuckle at stereotypes, and in a way, how true to some, but looking beyond the surface, I'm sure everyone is different.

Germany- I can't figure out why the queue pushing.

France - Isn't everyone a hypochondriac over there, and is a foodie too ?

China - Repression and oppression of materials published by the West. No wonder they wanna deface public property and have a great chuckle!

Italy/France/German - Everything is passion in life? (Reminds me of stereotypical builders wolf-whistling behaviours, but kinda daunting when its complete strangers that you do not know!)

Talking of stereotypes, I ought to be an "omnivore-who-eats-everything-and-anything-that-moves-and-is-submissive-and-obedient-to-the-tee-and-walk-two-steps-shuffling-behind-my-man". :hihi:

Hi Bago,

The story with the Germans? I dunno. Except that the place was packed and the line was long. For all we know they may behave like that at home. Otoh, maybe they were just hungry.

The French woman? You'd think a foodie would know any meal that's eaten outside on the street and costs less than $5 is NOT going to be haute cuisine. Although a greasy burger with the works has a beauty and simplicity all it's own. :thumbsup:

The Chinese guys? Well, there was no excuse. They were being disrespectful. Too bad they didn't understand me when I wished broken cameras and lost luggage on all of them.

The young guys at Badger Pass? I KNOW there are some mothers in France, Germany and Italy who raised their sons to behave better than that, and who would have died on the spot from the embarrassment.

So no, you are not the only one who thinks it's crazy.

Señor upinwath, I really feel the need to address this issue because you do not seem to recognize yourself. Take your thread title and substitute "muslims" for "yanks". How does it sound now? Still a funny stereotype? No, I don't think so either.

Watch what the idiots do and tell me.

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/48215/

Cretins. :mad::loopy:

And here. Good Lord. Idiots? Cretins? If I referred to muslims as idiots and cretins you'd be burning up the keyboard complaining about it. It is not ok to use the shoddy behavior of a few as bad examples to justify your dislike of an entire group. And that is exactly what you are doing, whether you realize it or not.

:) Sierra

Just a slight difference, America is not a religion - pedantic I know, but if you replace Americans with Iraqis or Indians it would be more accurate.

That's true Alex. But it sounds bad no matter which group you use, and I feel it's just wrong.

:) Sierra

Archived