WW1 Sheffield men

Hi,

there is a William Cahill on the St Vincents Church, Solly Street, roll of honour.

There is also these Cahills on it -

John Cahill

Joseph Cahill

M. Cahill

I have sent you a PM.

Regards

Dean.

Edited by dean1

Hi Dean, I was wondering if I could talk to you for more information and take an interview. I'm a journalism student at the University of Sheffield.

I wanted to send you a personal message with details but I'm a new user and don't have five posts yet to be able to send a personal message.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards

Richa

Hi Dean,

You were kind enough to send me some information on my Great Uncle Vincent May and suggest I look on the C.W.G.C. website. I found his details on the site, but you had an ID photo of him. How did you get the photo?

Others on this thread may be interested to know too.

By the way, are you going to publish your data?

Thanks

Hi, i get the images from myriad sources, newspapers of the day, books, internet etc etc ect.

To publish what i have would be very prohibitive, but i intend when i leave this mortal coil, to have it all passed to local studies for the benefit of everyone.

Dean.

Is anyone else out there related to Vincent May of the Kings Own Scottish Borders - died in July 1916?

Dean had mentioned that someone else as well as myself had asked for info. on him. I am wondering who that was. If you are on the forum, I would be interested to hear from you.

• 3 weeks later...

My Grandfather and his 4 brothers all enlisted. The Sheffield Independent did a write up as they all worked there. They all came back exept one, Percy, who died fighting with the 'Manchesters'. He is buried in a cemetery at a place called Trefcon. He was 18 years old and died in the last few days of the war. Grandad was with the Royal Field Artillery, fought at the Somme and just about everywhere else. The war to end all wars ??? .........

Hi Nimrod, small world, i was at Trefcon cemetery two months ago, visiting my Great grandfathers grave, 53521 Albert Dale.

Would love to know deatils of your relatives, numbers etc.

Would your Percy be Percy Banyard ? I did photograph all of the Sheffield mens headstones, including Percy's if you want a copy ?

regards

Dean.