Shootfighting

ha0dho

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by SHarper

Shootfighting is a contact sport, predominantely for men who can't decide whether they want to fight other men , or wrestle with them, so they do a bit of both....

The shootfighting club at 393 club is a shooters MMA club that incorporates predominantly (but not exclusively), boxing, muay thai, greco-roman wrestling, submission wrestling and BJJ.

You seem to be drawing a distinction between wrestling or fighting - try telling people like tito ortiz and randy couture, who've both done vevry well (thank you very much) in mma events using a wrestling foundation. and what about people like frank shamrock? he fought under the shootfighting banner, and watching him, i think he'd decided he wanted to fight...

:heyhey:

I believe that the sheffield shoot practise MMA

most of their training is submission wresltin orientated with a bit of BJJ thrown in.

From what i hear most of their trainign is grappling orientated, they possibly do a bit of stand up work, but i do know for a fact that many of their guys go to other clubs for their stand up i.e. punching/kicking,..etc

Many of them go to the club i train at :

http://www.sheffieldkickboxing.com

For striking training, i.e. padwork and sparring.

Archived