Moving abroad advice needed

We're looking around the murcia region this Thurs for 4 days,hope to find a villa and retire there.

Look at Los Urrutias/ Los Nietos and surrounding villages. They are 10 minutes from Murcia (MJV) airport at Los Alcazeras. It is a beautiful area and very close to the Mar Menor. Los Urrutias has some lovely bungalows and apartments for sale and is 100 yards from the beach. It is a mixed complex and beautifully clean. My brother has been there for two years and did a lot of research of the area. Mazarron is a big complex, but is predominantly British ex pats.

These areas are not far from Cartegena which is a large town with all the shopping facilities and a lovely place to stroll through. It is the main Spanish Naval Base but you would never know. There is an excellent hospital there. Hope this helps.

A further note. There is an Estate Agents at Los Urrutias, on the Estrella de Mar complex with full English speaking staff.

Thanks for info,will fit these places in,don't mind a few Brits but don't want Milton Keynes in Spain.

We have a place in Brittany, France and it reminds me of how I imagine rural England was 40 years ago.

Very quiet, little traffic and with a slow pace of life. I think most of the locals are friendly, but my French is not very good so who knows.

The properties are comparatively cheap but that is mainly because there is not much work around so many people have moved away to the cities.

The weather does not match upto Spain but winters tend to be wet rather than cold and the last two summers have been excellent, temperatures about 80F which is hot enough for me.

We have a place in Brittany, France and it reminds me of how I imagine rural England was 40 years ago.

Very quiet, little traffic and with a slow pace of life. I think most of the locals are friendly, but my French is not very good so who knows.

The properties are comparatively cheap but that is mainly because there is not much work around so many people have moved away to the cities.

The weather does not match upto Spain but winters tend to be wet rather than cold and the last two summers have been excellent, temperatures about 80F which is hot enough for me.

Having loads of mates who left the Navy to live and work abroad, I have one in Huelgoat, Brittany. He owns the local B&B called the "Finnistere". He loves working and living over there.

Archived