Anyone coming down to Leicester tonight (14/09/04)?

Leicester played Rotherham & they beat the bottom club don't get carried away,The Blades are head & shoulders above Rotherham,so it should be a tough game but after the lucky Hammers got a win as Utd outplayed them & got a lucky free kick,we were all over them in the second half.The Blades to win 2 - 1.Have a safe journey & return.

Originally posted by tosh13

Leicester played Rotherham & they beat the bottom club don't get carried away,The Blades are head & shoulders above Rotherham,so it should be a tough game but after the lucky Hammers got a win as Utd outplayed them & got a lucky free kick,we were all over them in the second half.The Blades to win 2 - 1.Have a safe journey & return.

tosh as much as i hate to say it, hammers deserved the win, but i think they was lucky to get it in circumstances

wanted to go to leicester tonight, but my mate wont go *sigh* so playing football instead

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

tosh as much as i hate to say it, hammers deserved the win, but i think they was lucky to get it in circumstances

wanted to go to leicester tonight, but my mate wont go *sigh* so playing football instead

Hi R if West Ham deserved to win ,how can they be lucky.they either deserved to win or not,if not then UTD should have won or at least deserved a point.The foul outside the area was not a foul,but Sheringham is a master at deception,what a good old pro he is.What we need is a 25 30 season striker soon or we are looking at mid table mediocraty.UP THE BLADES

Hi R if West Ham deserved to win ,how can they be lucky.they either deserved to win or not,if not then UTD should have won or at least deserved a point.The foul outside the area was not a foul,but Sheringham is a master at deception,what a good old pro he is.What we need is a 25 30 season striker soon or we are looking at mid table mediocraty.UP THE BLADES

west ham was the better team yes, BUT they was lucky to win due to the free kick,

there attacking play is so much more fluent than our own, so much intelligent play frmo sheri and etherington too......

it was not a free kick though, quinny did a right tackle, but there you go, sod's law with football.

as for the striker, we are reknown for making strikers crap lol

Yeah R the last good striker we had was Deano,that say's a lot.But I listened to the Leicester match on radio last night & the defending was attrocious.Warnock said that his priority was to get a center half & a striker,he sold Page a center half & Hayles a striker.Where's the logic in that he should have at least made sure he had these places covered before selling those 2 players.He is interested in a center half from Chester.Mind you it was a very good last 15 minutes when Morgan & Forte scored I thought it was going to be a great come back.Leicester have a lot of old timers playing for them & according to Keith Edwards ,Dublin & Scowcroft made Wrights night a miserable one ,well he is only a little guy & launching the ball up front wright had no chance.But I think the introduction of Lester & Forte turned the match,well we do have Kabba to look forward to coming back.Wigan on saturday hope we can at least get a draw.UP THE BLADES

I was there. We played like a bad Sunday league side for 75 minutes and just went sh#t or bust for the last 15. We did look more promising with a sense of urgency, but I am not feeling too excited about our prospects at the minute. Roll on Wigan, Covenrty and Sunderland - what a month!

Super entertaining game guys and gals. First home game I've really enjoyed watching this season. It was a combination of Leicester being rampant and you being pretty damn poor in the first 75 minutes.

That young lad you brought on Forte seemed to cause us no end of problems, and I have to give credit where credits due, the United fans were superb towards the end.

Ive never felt more tense than the last 15 minutes thinking we'd thrown away a 3-0 lead again but for once we held out, mostly thanks to Keown.

So well done to you lot for sticking at it despite being apparently down and out with 15 minutes to go, I look forward to visiting blunt lane in December!

If Warnock had put on Lester & Forte from the start Utd would have walked it,the last 15 minutes we slaughtered Leicester,ok you have a lot of experienced players like Dublin,Keown Etc & that was the difference ,but the last 15 the old timers faded,even though I listened to the match on radio the commentary team said all the way through till Utd scored Leicester deserved the lead which they did,anyway alway's liked the Leciester supporters some of the best in the country good luck for the rest of the season Utd 1st Leicester 2nd promotion fingers X.

Yeah R the last good striker we had was Deano,that say's a lot

as much as i never liked him, our last good golascorer was marcelo, he banged 20 a season

Warnock said that his priority was to get a center half & a striker,he sold Page a center half & Hayles a striker.Where's the logic in that

page needed to go, he was dire outside of the box, quality in side, and not to mention we had just signed francis, and bromby had just come in, we have a good back line, its just injuries can effect a lot even if it is only one, as for hayles, he was not doing much for us, we got 75k, so made good buisness, and millwall was only offering that then so he could play in europe, otherwise we maay not have got any money for him

If Warnock had put on Lester & Forte from the start Utd would have walked it,the last 15 minutes we slaughtered Leicester

i think the effectiveness of these 2 players are more apparent when they can run at tired legs ie end of the game, they both have good skill, but dont think either have the desired fitness to run like they do for the full game

Archived